The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Am I wrong, or does this feel like a pretty underwhelming signing? I know he scored a few worldies from off the bench, but he remained largely out of the starting XI for Fulham and his 'performance' at VP is up (or down) there with the worst I've seen in recent years from an opposition player. I'm not saying he's terrible or anything but it doesn't scream 'next level' to me? Maybe he'll be a great fit for the new guy's system?

Just cover for Son and Kuluveski really, Spurs need way more out of those two compared to last season if they're to have any chance of top 6.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Absolutely bonkers this is - £15m on someone who's spent 2 seasons playing in League One. No idea how City get these kind of fees for players - £27m for this guy and Bazunu is bordering on criminal

They sold Angus Gunn years back to Southampton for about 16m and he played about 5 games before he got shipped off to Norwich.

7 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Burnley lining City's pockets with 15mill for there England U21 keeper James Trafford. 

City hoover up all the youth so they can sell them off for profit I mean not many make it into there team even the much rated Lavia didn't get much of a sniff there. 

Literally what I do in PES master league, and I feel bad about it...like I'm cheating almost 

3 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Jota going to Saudi from Celtic for £25 milk. I wonder if Celtic have stopped laughing yet.

I was thinking that must be a record sale from the SPL but apparently Kieran Tierney went for the same amount.

20 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Absolutely bonkers this is - £15m on someone who's spent 2 seasons playing in League One. No idea how City get these kind of fees for players - £27m for this guy and Bazunu is bordering on criminal

Its like other clubs are enablers to Man City and Chelsea, by paying a fortune for their squad players. 

You've got words removed in the media trying to sell Emi Martinez off to Man Utd / Spurs for £25m, while a kid who has only played league 1, could fetch up to £19m for Citeh.

Edited by Xela

34 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its like other clubs are enablers to Man City and Chelsea, by paying a fortune for their squad players.

I wonder if Leicester might sign someone vastly overpriced from them too... 🤔 That’d be 3 ex-Man City coaches/players under Guardiola buying their players for stupid money... *cough cough*

Good squad option on a free transfer. The €400m buy out clause in his new contract is a bit comical thou. Be interesting to know how they come up with these numbers.

58 minutes ago, sne said:

Good squad option on a free transfer. The €400m buy out clause in his new contract is a bit comical thou. Be interesting to know how they come up with these numbers.

I thought it was in part pro rata based on wages, so if you pay your players next to nothing they'll end up with lower release clauses, might be bollocks though

• Like 1

Frankfurt getting Hugo Larsson and Ellyes Skhiri for under £10m is insane. 

What does Skhiri lack that every side in Europe wasn't after him? We definitely should* have signed him if we are after another midfielder. @GarethRDR

9 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Alan Partridge Shrug

However, ask me about getting shafted over Jonas Hofmann to the tune of a measly €10m, that I have some strong opinions on.

Another weird deal!

Injury prone or something?