The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

On 29/06/2023 at 19:42, GingerCollins29 said:

Hilarious Utd have just burned 60m on Mount. I would take at villa as a back up to traore, just about.

Terribly overhyped, bang average footballer

I don’t think he’s a bad player, his problem is Southgate is obsessed with him and plays him every game when in reality he should be a rotation player 

• Like 2

On 30/06/2023 at 19:58, villan-scott said:

FM legend. Not sure about him in real life tho - don’t think I’ve ever seen him play! 

Liverpool have just spent 115million on their midfield and it's still not as strong or has as much depth as our midfield 

Edited by pete101
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Liverpool have just spent 115million on their midfield and it's still not as strong or has as much depth as our midfield 

I dunno about that

This Hungarian guy, Thiago, macallister, Henderson, fabinho and then elliot, carvalho (they've just loaned him) and bajetic coming through

They'll be alright, I actually think the squads alright, it's definitley not an excuse

• Like 1

5 hours ago, david-avfc said:

I don’t think he’s a bad player, his problem is Southgate is obsessed with him and plays him every game when in reality he should be a rotation player 

Southgate is incredibly stubborn, he keeps picking Mount because everyone is saying he shouldn’t be in the side.

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

Southgate is incredibly stubborn, he keeps picking Mount because everyone is saying he shouldn’t be in the side.

More should be made of him shoe Horning him in to the euro final playing a position he never played before for Chelsea, absolutely stinking the place out but not being subbed off until extra time

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I dunno about that

This Hungarian guy, Thiago, macallister, Henderson, fabinho and then elliot, carvalho (they've just loaned him) and bajetic coming through

They'll be alright, I actually think the squads alright, it's definitley not an excuse

Henderson coming up to mid 30s now, Alexis Mac is a clever replacement for him. Thiago constantly injured and they must be confident Fabinho's nightmare season is a one off otherwise there's a big void for them at DM now.

Think Paliniha at Fulham would be a clever pick up although seems they're going in for that French player.

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Shakhtar won’t be happy about this. They were threatening action against Spurs if they signed him for free for taking advantage of their plight. 

I thought Fulham had signed this guy permanently? Didn't realise he was just on a year's loan.

He scored some nice goals for them when he got fit but was largely a sub so can't really see this being a guy to lift Spurs level much.

7 hours ago, david-avfc said:

I think Mount is as vanilla a player that you can find. Chips in with goals and works hard but not sure what else he actually does, he isnt technically very good and doesnt really create that much when watch him play

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Fun fact about the player Southgate can't stop picking: he hasn't been picked since the World Cup. 

People gave up and so he changed his mind.

It was the opposite with Grealish, every man and his dog saying he had to be picked but Southgate kept making up stupid reasons to over look him. He only finally got in the squad cos someone pulled out injured.

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Shakhtar won’t be happy about this. They were threatening action against Spurs if they signed him for free for taking advantage of their plight. 

Hope they sue Spurs 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Hope they sue Spurs 

Is it not more on the player? I assume he refused a contract from them to become a free agent.
If Spurs didn’t sign him then someone else would have. 

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Is it not more on the player? I assume he refused a contract from them to become a free agent.
If Spurs didn’t sign him then someone else would have. 

Ukrainian based players are allowed suspend the contract and sign for other clubs but I think compensation should be agreed beforehand

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Fun fact about the player Southgate can't stop picking: he hasn't been picked since the World Cup. 

With Chelsea not in europe Safegate dropped him til he got a champs league side move. Back starting now he's at Manure.

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Fun fact about the player Southgate can’t stop picking not being picked since the World Cup: he’s been injured.

10 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

With Chelsea not in europe Safegate dropped him til he got a champs league side move. Back starting now he's at Manure.

That's not how it works with Mr hypocrite

Mount also has England experience that the likes of eze, Ramsey, elliot etc don't have

How can he possibly pick Ramsey ahead of mount in a friendly vs Australia when Mount has played at a world cup and Ramsey hasn't...

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Fun fact about the player Southgate can’t stop picking not being picked since the World Cup: he’s been injured.

Wasn't injured for the June games, just didn't have match fitness (but surely you wouldn't expect this to stop Southgate picking him, since he's so addicted to picking him)