The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

5 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

PIF involved with Chelsea now too?

Well they are the majority owners in the holding company that owns Chelsea so yeah I'd say so.

Chelsea must be offering less than others for Mount, plus it’s a circus. 
From his point of view he should get out. Try and restart his career as it’s stalled a little bit.

Another nothing player for me. That doesn’t mean shit, but doesn’t do anything exceptionally well (which is what you would hope to get for north of £60m plus god knows how many millions in wages).

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Chelsea must be offering less than others for Mount, plus it’s a circus. 
From his point of view he should get out. Try and restart his career as it’s stalled a little bit.

Another nothing player for me. That doesn’t mean shit, but doesn’t do anything exceptionally well (which is what you would hope to get for north of £60m plus god knows how many millions in wages).

Jack Wilshiritis about him, he is decent but he really isnt elite. If he wasnt a home grown player nobody would really care

• Like 1

On 23/06/2023 at 21:39, Xela said:

Wonderful player, but he seems obsessed with money. 

Mind you, no sympathy for PSG. I hope they both **** each other over. 

Apparently a lot of it is down to his parents who are his agents, and they are ruthless 

4 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

Apparently a lot of it is down to his parents who are his agents, and they are ruthless 

There’s a quote from his dad that said he initially wanted him to play for Cameroon but because there was a fee to register with them but not for France he registered him as French. 

7 hours ago, Genie said:

There’s a quote from his dad that said he initially wanted him to play for Cameroon but because there was a fee to register with them but not for France he registered him as French. 

This is admittedly off topic but this is really common. It’s a huge reason why the African teams can’t secure talent that has dual nationality. Corrupt to the very core. 

I really don’t want Rice to go to City, not because he’ll help them win the league as they probably will anyway.

But because it weakens their potential rivals. Straight out of the 90s United and 2000s Chelsea play book. 

An uncompetitive league is a shit league.

3 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Brighton are asking £85 mill for Caicedo and Chelsea look like they’re willing to pay it. I can’t get my head around these prices. He’s good but really? 

It’s more about weakening teams around them now surely?

5 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I really don’t want Rice to go to City, not because he’ll help them win the league as they probably will anyway.

But because it weakens their potential rivals. Straight out of the 90s United and 2000s Chelsea play book. 

An uncompetitive league is a shit league.

To be honest I don't think arsenal (or Liverpool) are city's rivals anymore. It's Chelsea, Newcastle and man United. Unless you have the mega money you won't be able to compete for titles. Arsenal and Liverpool won't be able to spend enough to get the best players. 

• Like 2

Spurs being linked with Micky Van de Ven from Wolfsburg.

Great young dutch CB (22) left footer with tons of potential he's also a unit at 6ft 4 and rated as the fastest CB in the Bundesliga.

Would have liked to have seen him here in the future.

Edited by AshVilla