• Ramsey
    • Watkins
    • Digne (Moreno 77)
    • Traoré (Ramsey 77)
    • Chambers (Young 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/04/23 at 22:59

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Just won two on the bounce and in the top half, doesn’t say much for the rest of the league does it?!

I was talking about tonight I have no idea what they did in their last two games.

Id like to see our midfielders get the ball more often though. Konsa and Mings are making nearly 80 passes a game and our midfielders are making 35 - 40. That’s where Kamara is at a higher level because he finds the angles to get the ball from the defenders and he’s quicker at it than Dougie and Donk. Dougie thrives more with Kamara as ironically he gets more ball too because of Kamara. 

• Like 4

I don’t see the point in referee ratings on here. 11% say “very poor” and 35% day poor? Not sure he got anything wrong. The unqualified dislike of referees is tiresome to me and a big reason why no one wants to do it and the quality is dropping. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

3 points

10 games without a loss

20th straight game where we score. 

First time since 1983 where we win 5 straight home games without conceding.

54 points

5th in the table

bUt We WaS rUbBiSH

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Id like to see our midfielders get the ball more often though. Konsa and Mings are making nearly 80 passes a game and our midfielders are making 35 - 40. That’s where Kamara is at a higher level because he finds the angles to get the ball from the defenders and he’s quicker at it than Dougie and Donk. Dougie thrives more with Kamara as ironically he gets more ball too because of Kamara. 

We are set up tactically for Mings and Konsa to see a lot of the ball.  They’ll have triangles formed with Martinez to bait the press and if the opposition bit then the ball transitions quickly through the midfield and towards Ollie.  It didn’t happen much tonight because Fulham weren’t biting much but I can’t see us changing the style too drastically unless there’s a big change in personnel. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

We are set up tactically for Mings and Konsa to see a lot of the ball.  They’ll have triangles formed with Martinez to bait the press and if the opposition bit then the ball transitions quickly through the midfield and towards Ollie.  It didn’t happen much tonight because Fulham weren’t biting much but I can’t see us changing the style too drastically unless there’s a big change in personnel. 

Yeah it was a feature of Fulham's play that they were straining to not get sucked in to our traps and keep their shape. Even when they went a goal down they didn't press us until we tried to play through midfield. We struggled a bit with that second half.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Just back from the ground. Flat second half, their changes worked. Great three points, clean sheet, scored again but lost our way second half when we had knocked it about much better first half. I thought Konsa and Ming's were outstanding but the midfield today didn't work as well as pre Brentford. Not sure why. Ref was a clearing in the woods, love villa park, love villa. Happy days.

So much better seeing it with 40k Villans

• Like 1

Got up at 4am to watch the 2nd half. In the past I would have gone back to bed raging due to conceding a late goal, but felt very comfortable that would not be the case today.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I don’t see the point in referee ratings on here. 11% say “very poor” and 35% day poor? Not sure he got anything wrong. The unqualified dislike of referees is tiresome to me and a big reason why no one wants to do it and the quality is dropping. 

Yeah I thought the ref had a solid game. Did I miss something?

Genius. I said to my mate at the game tonight that since promotion I’ve always felt that we had to be at/or near to our best to win games. 

Tonight I sat there totally relaxed watching them never need to get out of second gear to beat a decent Fulham team. Incredible. 

I’m taking personal credit for tonight’s win. We had a few corners before the goal and I said to my pal Tyrone Mings is never ever going to score from a corner is he? 

Next one comes in and he wins the game. 

The perfect piece of know nothing punditry. 

• Like 4

Â