Match Thread: Villa v Fulham

limpid

2 minutes ago, bose said:

Fulham have been terrible, their press is none existent even 1-0 down. Have no problem with us just passing it about and waiting for an opening.

Think that was their plan, similar to Forest. They know if they press us we’ll move it quickly into midfield and get in behind them.

We’re in front now, so they have to press our they rent getting anything from the game.

13 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Damn, my constant WDFAFC's was broken as I was doing the dinner.

Then we've found the secret. You've got to stop doing it. 

• Sad 1

Beach is well and truly calling for Fulham players. The Mitrovic ban and injuries they've had have all but killed any hope they have of winning games, so they've all given up. 

I imagine Silva will try and spark some life into them at half time, but not sure it will make much difference. 

Let's hope we get a second before he last 10 minutes or we might start seeing some threat from them.

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Ooo the more I see that tackle on Ollie that's a pen

Don't know if you're watching on BT Sport (live or otherwise) as they've just done a decent bit on it.  It's not a pen at all.

• Like 1

One more injury to Fulham please and of course the sending off 🙏 

Watkins is still looking immobile, needs to do a bit more work for me, he can still stay mainly centre but when he can pull wide to make space for Ramsey to drive forwards he needs to.

Come on the villa

It's not a coincidence that 2 sides in good form have not turned up against us. They are turning up. They're being tactically suffocated. We're the common denominator.

• Like 4

Despite our total control there have been some exciting passages of play at times. Some quick breaks and good work by McGinn, Moreno and Buendia. 

Not really much else to say apart from please score another goal quickly, Villa. I trust is to win but do like a cushion to make it a bit more comfortable. 

• Like 1