"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

Why not ? Seems a reasonable thing to do beforehand considering it took me around 10mins so the price was not un-expected. People waste hours on their phones yet cannot be bothered to do their own little bit of research then deride the club and moan for not spoon feeding them all the info. I don’t agree with the price but then it’s market value based on other clubs we are and want to be competing against. 

Out of interest, what did you find out about other clubs and what they charge for access to a lounge when you already have a ticket? 

1 hour ago, punkymonkey666 said:

It was referred to as GA+ on the survey, that to me suggests a premium over a standard ticket.

I've seen 'GA+' a few times now but have no idea what it means. GA used to mean goals against but what is 'GA+'?

On 10/07/2023 at 17:18, OutByEaster? said:

The club asked if fans wanted better food, a more comfortable place to sit, better drinks service, somewhere to relax before and after games and improvements to the facilities in the Upper Holte.

They didn't mention it being a ticketed area and costing more.

Q. Do you want better stuff?

A. Yes.

Announcement - Better stuff available for £400 a season, just like you asked for!*

*Worse stuff for those that don't want to pay the extra - but you did ask for better stuff so that's on you.

Still, a got a free beer. This never made any sense and it is just a creeping corporatisation of the ground even in the Holte.

If they tried this in the upper trinity for example it might have worked.

Either they will have to back down on the cost or they will end up ripping up some seats at the front of the upper holte for corporates to experience the 'authentic' atmosphere of the Holte like when people go to the Zoo to see the feeding time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

So my daughter who is on the Holte End season ticket waiting list has just got an e-mail telling her she is eligible to buy a place in the new Terrace View.

I wonder if they are increasing the number of season tickets available in the Holte Upper. It could be that tickets previously held for a match by match basis are now available to buy as a season ticket - provided the Terrace View Lounge is also purchased.

1 hour ago, brommy said:

I wonder if they are increasing the number of season tickets available in the Holte Upper. It could be that tickets previously held for a match by match basis are now available to buy as a season ticket - provided the Terrace View Lounge is also purchased.

If it's a true representation then there is a whole block available. It doesn't actually say where it is though.

YCKXZgz.jpg

Picking a random seat says

WK5VBQ1.jpg

Edited by AlwaysAVFC
Extra
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sid4ever said:

So my daughter who is on the Holte End season ticket waiting list has just got an e-mail telling her she is eligible to buy a place in the new Terrace View.

I got the same email.

What's noteworthy about it is this line:

Please be aware that this does not count as one of your waiting list strikes. As per the waiting list terms and conditions, if you do not purchase a Season Ticket after being invited to do so on three separate occasions, you will be automatically removed from the Waiting List. This does not apply in this instance.

So this isn't people getting to the front of the line, and the club trying to upsell the terrace view. It's them realising how few people think this represents good value, and desperately reaching out to try and flog it to people who aren't eligible for any other ST, which is both hilarious and deplorable. 

"Skip the queue if you're a big enough mug to pay for this shite". (No offence to people who've bought one ;)

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, brommy said:

Looks like it - they have to fill the lounge, so several hundred of the seats previously available on a match-by-match basis will now be offered to those on the list on a full season basis. It sort of makes sense.

The one thing I would hope is that saying "No" to this opportunity doesn't count as someone on the list not taking up the offer of a season ticket (and being pushed back down the list).

if there are enough people on the list to buy all of the tickets here that have been made available (and it looks from what I can figure out that the 388 available means they're keeping half back for a match-by-match Terrace view sale) - then there will be another 388 less seats available in the Upper Holte End to anyone that isn't a season ticket holder.

If you're a member and you want to sit in the Upper Holte next season, you're going to have to get very used to buying tickets at 17:01 - I doubt there will be many available.

It's only a small nudge, but it does mean there will be a few hundred less tickets available at Villa Park for the 25,000 people paying £40 for a membership and that there will be very few anywhere in the ground next season when the North Stand is demolished - I wonder if they'll continue selling those memberships during that period?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

If it's a true representation then there is a whole block available. It doesn't actually say where it is though.

YCKXZgz.jpg

Picking a random seat says

WK5VBQ1.jpg

Thanks for that information. I'm as puzzled as most as to what that seat map even represents.

From my ST seat numbers and their position in the stand, the  Upper Holte must have around 200 to 240 seats in each row (decreasing from front to back as it's tapered by the position of Trinity Road). So how is Row 14 seat 693 available and where would that be?!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

So this isn't people getting to the front of the line, and the club trying to upsell the terrace view. It's them realising how few people think this represents good value, and desperately reaching out to try and flog it to people who aren't eligible for any other ST, which is both hilarious and deplorable. 

"Skip the queue if you're a big enough mug to pay for this shite". (No offence to people who've bought one ;)

Yep - good news that they aren't holding it as a strike against people - that would be unfair I think.

But yes, this is an expensive way to buy in and move quickly up the list. I wonder how far along the list they'll have to go to sell 388 tickets at this price - will they ask 10,000 fans? More?

Here's a question - if you take up this offer this season, are you then a season ticket holder?

The sale seems to suggest that's the case - so you might only have to pay this extra charge as a one off, then approach the ticket office next year and tell them you'd like to move to a different part of the ground (at the price for that area).

So if you're 18,000 on the list, you might be able to skip six years of waiting to pay £800 by paying £1,560 this season, then moving your season ticket in next years window.

This is what happens when you get your offer completely wrong.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, brommy said:

Thanks for that information. I'm as puzzled as most as to what that seat map even represents.

I'm guessing that's just an indicative block for the Terrace View itself rather than a representation of any actual seating.

Just now, brommy said:

From my ST seat numbers and their position in the stand, the  Upper Holte must have around 200 to 240 seats in each row (decreasing from front to back as it's tapered by the position of Trinity Road). So how is Row 14 seat 693 available and where would that be?!!!

Yeah no idea. Surely if it was one block and those seat numbers, it can only be upper trinity? Which is why I said I'm not sure if it is actually representative of the actual seat you will have. 

47 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So if you're 18,000 on the list, you might be able to skip six years of waiting to pay £800 by paying £1,560 this season, then moving your season ticket in next years window.

Oooo interesting. If the club would confirm  this, then I would buy a Terrace season ticket this season to skip the waiting list and also get a guaranteed seat next season when our capacity goes down by 8,000!

But how does this work anyway? As in, if you're in an expensive seat an decide to move to a cheaper area but the club say there are no spaces?

When it got to relocation day, fans were basically told there was nowhere to move to!

So surely the club will just say there's no spaces to move to, so it's here or bye bye.

Â