Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 5 of 10

TheAuthority

6 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Could this or the Man Utd game look like this:

Emi

Young Konsa Mings Digne

Ramsey McGinn Luiz Moreno

Buendia Watkins

I don’t know, obviously.  But for several weeks I’ve t thought the idea of digne defensive but supporting Moreno was intriguing enough that I would love to see it tried.  

Since the 2-4 vs. Arsenal, we knew we had to improve the home form. Since then its been 4 wins from 4 without conceding;

Villa 1-0 Palace

Villa 3-0 Bournemouth 

Villa 2-0 Forest

Villa 3-0 Newcastle

when was the last time we won 5 straight PL games at Villa Park? Must have been a long time ago im guessing. Unai said similar when he first came in regarding the away form and instantaneously he focused the minds and it was sorted. He has this great knack of just getting the job done and I think it will be the case again tonight, fans will be up for it and im predicting a good night under the lights

2-1 (Watkins, McGinn)

• Like 1

The injured players is becoming more and more or a concern. 

This is like the inverse of MON. He had the squad but didn't want to utilise it, Emery doesn't have the squad but would get the most out of it if he could. 

I'm going tonight and expecting it to be edgy. Heart says 2-0 Villa, head says we might just struggle to break them down. I'm hoping Duran will get more minutes for the energy he brings.

• Like 4

Professional pride should necessitate that these players would want to turn in a performance here given that the reverse fixture ( albeit under Gerrard ) was arguably our worst performance of the season. That married with Emery’s tactical nous, i think we’ll win. Be a tough game though. 

5 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

The injured players is becoming more and more or a concern. 

Bar Kamara, and Donk has been fine last 2, and Cash because Young tired or whatever though most would have Young over Cash, this is a well worn canard

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Bar Kamara, and Donk has been fine last 2, and Cash because Young tired or whatever though most would have Young over Cash, this is a well worn canard

We really missed both at Brentford.

After yesterdays kick in the teeth with season ticket price increases (North Stand T2 nearly £200 more expensive than last season) I really couldn't give a shit if we win, lose or draw tonight.

obviously I want us to win 😀

23 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Canard, "well founded rumour  or story". I've not heard that word before. It's just my opinion.

The more physical exertion the players go through, the more tired they get though, I'm relatively sure of my GCSE PE theory exam on that one.

The same set of players playing three intense 90 minute games in eight days may just play a factor.

No rumour, no story, just an opinion. And, potentially, science.

Edited by Don_Simon