Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 5 of 10

TheAuthority

Another tough match, they've found some form. Do wonder whether we have the legs to keep going. Just hope Emi is back for this one, could really do with Cash, Kamara n Coutinho back for the following weekend. Really need that kinda quality on the bench n then for the run in

• Like 3

Im aorry but another one we have to setyle the score with after that shit at fulham under gerrard 

One of the wirst performances ive seen since we got promoted.  We were dreadful.

Lets hope we beat them too

• Like 1

They took a few knocks at the end of today's match, Willian went down and then off so see if he recovers in 72 hours.

We need to win the midfield battle as Paliniha, Reed and Periera have been excellent all season and can narrow the gaps infront of backline.

I think it will be similar to today's game. They'll congest us in central areas and hit it up quickly for likes of Wilson and Dan James to try to beat our offside trap (which worked well today). 

At least Mitrovic isn't around and they don't have as much of a scoring threat without him.

I'll go for a comeback 2-1 win.

10 minutes ago, wedge said:

Any danger of seeing any of our injured players back in contention do we reckon?

Wasn't Cash supposed to be only three weeks. He should be back in next week. Problem was we rushed Kamara back to start v Chelsea, that won't happen again and we'll ease him off the bench with 20 minutes left, again would be good if he's available for Tuesday.

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I hope he rotates a bit to the Fulham game, it's hard to be 100% in all 3 games in about 10 days and I thought some looked a bit off it today. 

Yes Digne, Chambers and Traore can come in but not much else he can do really without severely weakening the team 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I hope he rotates a bit to the Fulham game, it's hard to be 100% in all 3 games in about 10 days and I thought some looked a bit off it today. 

Tricky when we have 5 players injured and possibly a sickness/illness bug going round the team.

Hopefully the home crowd will buoy them. I think the comedown from the Newcastle high and subsequent media buzz effected them yesterday and might still on Tuesday. A buoyant crowd will be really important. 

Edited by maqroll

They know they didn't play well today and will be well up for putting it right on Tuesday night. 

I could see a 3 or 4-0. (I could also see a nervy 1-0 with Bertie scoring in the 94 minute.)

We have conceded only 2 goals from open play in 9 games - that's insanely good form. If you extrapolate that over a season that comes to between 8 and 9 goals total :hooray: Incredible.

We also score every game. So to any who doubt we are still well in the mix for 6th and with a chance of top 4

monty-python-fart.gif

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Hopefully the home crowd will buoy them. I think the comedown from the Newcastle high and subsequent media buzz effected them yesterday and might still on Tuesday. A buoyant crowd will be really important. 

I'll be there. Buoyant as Buoyant can be!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's about time we absolutely stuffed someone.

Villa Park owes me one as the last time I was there was the shortest football I have ever seen Villa play live, the WBA loss at home under that word removed Sherwood.

• Sad 1