Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 5 of 10

TheAuthority

3 minutes ago, slovenian said:
Emi Martinez makes his 120th Premier League appearance
Tyrone Mings makes his 160th Villa appearance
Ezri Konsa starts his 120th Premier League game for Villa
Jacob Ramsey starts his 60th Premier League game for Villa

Kind of crazy that Martinez and Mings have about the same amount of top flight experience as Konsa.

Can't lie, I'm actually shitting myself. Such an important game tonight. A couple seasons of midtable nothingness made me forget the feeling of having something to play for. 

All of our remaining games are important but really feel this game is as close to must win as can be. 

It's a relief that Emi starts, hopefully he's fully recovered from whatever bug he had. Must win game tonight to ensure we stay in the European hunt so feel a bit nervous, but I think we can do it. 

Makes sense. They’ll be expecting us to play a higher line at home and will look to use the pace of James in behind. Midfield battle will be interesting- i really rate Palhinha. 

Hopefully we kick toward the Holte first half, the crowd are bang up for it, and we get our customary early goal so that we can control the game and romp to a 4-0 win. Not much to ask is it?

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

trying to make sense of this side, is Dan James up front on his own?

Their CBs look weak, pretty sure Ream and Tosin were starting together the last time they were in the Prem when they got relegated. Ollie should definitely be getting at least one goal tonight, although Palhinha is a very good holding midfielder for them. No striker for them so I guess one of their wingers is playing as a false 9. 

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

trying to make sense of this side, is Dan James up front on his own?

According to the BBC he is. For now, unless they change their formation graphic after kick off, they don't always get it quite right.