Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 5 of 10

TheAuthority

Iv'e started to get well ahead of myself, like if Arsenal don't win the league, finishing 2nd they still would have had a great season, but will likely be disappointed. Likewise, I will now be disappointed without European football, even though a 10, 9, 8th finish will be amazing from where we where under Gerrard.

• Like 1

Our injured players are taking the p*ss, are they all in intensive care?

Coutinho out for over 2 months now, Cash had a minor injury on international duty but has now been missing for at least a month, Kamara should have been eased back into the side because he's now been missing in total for nearly 2 months when it was only a couple of weeks originally, and Bailey who knows.

We're getting closer to the end of the season and it seems we've no clue when they will return, if we're lucky we might see them for the final game of the season at this rate. 

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

We looked very leggy against Brentford. Missing 4 key players starting to take its toll. Tough game this - hoping momentum and the Villa Park faithful give us the loft to bring it home. 

I didn't think we looked leggy, it was just how Brentford played us, an we came alive in the last 15 minutes. I don't really believe players become tired at the end of the season anymore, it's a bit of a myth for me. The way training and nutrition has developed, players are now super athletes, most don't even look tired after a game.

• Like 2

Wow. Just been on their forum and they absolutely hate us. 

We are apparently an arrogant fan base and we are expecting to win 4 or 5 nil. (Which I've not seen much of in here btw).

We seen to be a target for many teams to hate for some reason and I'd say we were a pessimistic fan base if anything.

Oh and apparently we have no injuries. 

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Shocked 1

40 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I didn't think we looked leggy, it was just how Brentford played us, an we came alive in the last 15 minutes. I don't really believe players become tired at the end of the season anymore, it's a bit of a myth for me. The way training and nutrition has developed, players are now super athletes, most don't even look tired after a game.

Had to tip our hat to Brentford. Just really good at identifying our weaknesses and shut us down outside of the first ten minutes and the last 15 minutes. Came at us quick in transition and tried to take advantage of our smaller fullbacks until the substitutions came in.

Fulham will be tough but on paper - there are some definite weaknesses in the squad. Have to be able to take advantage of the American side of the defense and contain their ball carriers.

30 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Wow. Just been on their forum and they absolutely hate us. 

We are apparently an arrogant fan base and we are expecting to win 4 or 5 nil. (Which I've not seen much of in here btw).

We seen to be a target for many teams to hate for some reason and I'd say we were a pessimistic fan base if anything.

Oh and apparently we have no injuries. 

You could copy and paste this statement and put it in any of our pre-match threads this season really as you hinted, I don't give a stuff what fans of other clubs thing.

As for tomorrow, I'm gripped by the usual pre-match nerves which will be slightly calmed if the name E. Martinez is present on our team-sheet!

7 hours ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Fulham cant sell out their away ticket allocation? Embarrassing

Are you surprised by that? I've never known them take the upper tier at VP and I can guarantee there were hundreds upon hundreds of Villa in their end for that horrid play-off final defeat in 2018 at Wem-ber-lee. It's a fixture the home side usually wins in the Premier League era, let's hope that continues tomorrow night.

9 hours ago, duke313 said:

I certainly wouldn't be saying that, if they beat us and win their game in hand, they'd likely be ahead of us on goal difference.

Their game in hand is Liverpool away so that would actually be good for us in the long run.

Oh no, I've just discovered yet another curse on us... according to the BBC we haven't won a midweek PL game at home since July 2020 (v Arsenal)! And there have been nine since then! What?! 

The midweek home league match curse, great. 😑

• Shocked 1

Conflicted with this one. It's an extraordinary run we've been on but it just feels like a loss is due, especially with the squad being stretched to its limits right now.

However at the same time if there's a side you'd want to play at this point in the season it's one that has overperformed thus far to the point where they now have relatively little left to play for, while also missing their talisman. 

Would take a win however it came.

6 minutes ago, Indigo said:

missing their talisman

Yes, that's lucky for us that Mitrovic, their top scorer, is still banned after that push on a ref. This must give us a slightly better chance of a win.