Pre-season 2023/24

Jareth

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Secured tickets for Mrs Villan and I to see the club play in DC. If anyone is going, let me know. Would be happy to meet up!

Just bought my ticket as well for this one!  

• Like 1

On 24/04/2023 at 12:44, MNVillan said:

Secured tickets for Mrs Villan and I to see the club play in DC. If anyone is going, let me know. Would be happy to meet up!

29 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Just bought my ticket as well for this one!  

I'm hoping to make my schedule work for the DC one as well. 

• Like 1

Might try and go along to a game or 2, i've only ever been to the west coast of USA and am going to Vegas again in November for the F1 so i think it will be good to hit up the east coast. I have some work holiday to use up and fancy killing 2 birds with one stone so to speak

Not to be a buzzkill lads, more a friendly heads up, but go into the pre-season friendlies expecting a crap match where the players barely show up.

I’ve been snared by that seeing Villa abroad a few times. Pre-season friendlies are exactly that. Plan on 3+ drinks before kick off.

And go to Rasika in DC for dinner. Unreal food.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Enda said:

Not to be a buzzkill lads, more a friendly heads up, but go into the pre-season friendlies expecting a crap match where the players barely show up.

I’ve been snared by that seeing Villa abroad a few times. Pre-season friendlies are exactly that. Plan on 3+ drinks before kick off.

3+? after breakfast what are you doing for the rest of the day?*

pre season is usually brilliant IMO, new grounds, new countries, new sets of fans, great memories, sometimes you'll get to see new players making debuts or youngsters to get excited about

would love to go to the states for it, it would be more about meeting other villa fans than it would be about the game

* all that said the nantes game in st nazaire or wherever it was probably went a bit too far

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

3+? after breakfast what are you doing for the rest of the day?

pre season is usually brilliant IMO, new grounds, new countries, new sets of fans, great memories, sometimes you'll get to see new players making debuts or youngsters to get excited about

would love to go to the states for it, it would be more about meeting other villa fans than it would be about the game

I actually agree. The day is great fun and great memories. The matches are often crap.

I went to see Manchester United play Real Madrid in a 100,000 seater college football stadium in the US. Great experience and lovely day. Fecking useless match though.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/05/2023 at 09:18, turvontour said:

Have we got any pre season fixtures scheduled in England yet? 

I expect well play our annual fixture in bleak Eastern Europe against Warsaw. 

• Haha 3

On 26/04/2023 at 03:37, Enda said:

It was that way in Minnesota when they came to play MN United. Basically played half the starters and half the backups the first half, then swapped everyone the second half. Whatever, it’s an opportunity to meet people and watch Villa.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We've one more to be announced against a big club in Europe.

I've no idea which big club in Europe, sorry.

We've agreed to a friendly against Barca as part of bringing in Alemany. Messi will be lining up against his old club in the claret and blue in time for this

>_>

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

• 2 weeks later...

So what's the best game to go to?  We live in Boston and been looking at either the Philly or DC match - both relatively easy for travel for us, as being on a Sunday helps.  Looking for the best atmosphere and opportunity to bring the family, so I can demonstrate why there's no other choice but to follow the Villa.  Was slightly leaning towards Philly v Newcastle because it's later in the day, but DC would be really easy travel.  Also very interested in any Villa meet-ups!

Cheers and UTV 

• Like 1

On 12/05/2023 at 19:32, Dante_Lockhart said:

We've agreed to a friendly against Barca as part of bringing in Alemany. Messi will be lining up against his old club in the claret and blue in time for this

>_>

Can't believe Messi wasn't the part that aged badly in this post

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/05/2023 at 19:24, olivevilla said:

So what's the best game to go to?  We live in Boston and been looking at either the Philly or DC match - both relatively easy for travel for us, as being on a Sunday helps.  Looking for the best atmosphere and opportunity to bring the family, so I can demonstrate why there's no other choice but to follow the Villa.  Was slightly leaning towards Philly v Newcastle because it's later in the day, but DC would be really easy travel.  Also very interested in any Villa meet-ups!

Cheers and UTV 

My son and I are planning to see Villa in Philly on July 23. We live north of Philly, so it’s easy for us.