Pre-season 2023/24

Jareth

On 22/05/2023 at 00:24, olivevilla said:

So what's the best game to go to?  We live in Boston and been looking at either the Philly or DC match - both relatively easy for travel for us, as being on a Sunday helps.  Looking for the best atmosphere and opportunity to bring the family, so I can demonstrate why there's no other choice but to follow the Villa.  Was slightly leaning towards Philly v Newcastle because it's later in the day, but DC would be really easy travel.  Also very interested in any Villa meet-ups!

Cheers and UTV 

Much of muchness imho.

If I were you I’d do DC and make the Villa match a part of seeing the White House and visiting the Air & Space Museum and all that. Gives the kids a big memory that they will associate Villa with.

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ive seen on my phone friendlies  newcastle brentford and fulham on some international tour? 

The fixtures are synced on my phone

A little tournament of Premier League friendlies in the US. Build up the brand over there.

• Thanks 1

I’m so excited for the USA tour. Tried to take my family to Villa Park last summer when we were visiting family in the Midlands but due to construction nothing doing except the gift shop and a quick peek at the grounds from the Cafe.

We canceled our week camping and now headed to DC. Kids are 6th generation Villa fans so pretty dreamy stuff for us. I saw them play in Chicago 10 years ago and witnessed one of the few good plays Stephen Ireland had in claret and blue.

• Like 3

Is it generally quite hard to get tickets to the Walsall game? Weirdly I actually go to see Walsall a fair bit (more than Villa actually). Would look to probably just sit in the home bit. Does it sell out? I ask because I usually can’t plan that far in advance for football games. 

6 hours ago, Spoony said:

Is it generally quite hard to get tickets to the Walsall game? Weirdly I actually go to see Walsall a fair bit (more than Villa actually). Would look to probably just sit in the home bit. Does it sell out? I ask because I usually can’t plan that far in advance for football games. 

They tend to sell within a couple of hours for villa fans , usually plenty in the Walsall end

On 01/06/2023 at 10:45, limpid said:

New thread per game now please. We can keep this as a general thread, but anything about a specific match goes in a thread for that match.

On 11/06/2023 at 08:03, Demitri_C said:

Ive seen on my phone friendlies  newcastle brentford and fulham on some international tour? 

The fixtures are synced on my phone

Mine has also synced the Lazio game