Pre-season 2023/24

Jareth

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is the pitch being re-turfed, why are we playing Lazio away from VP?

I guess it needs to recover from Bruce and Pink?

On 02/06/2023 at 19:34, Bosnichs Muller corner said:

Lazio being held at Poundland because of the work needed for the Holte End hospitality  work is what I read elsewhere

It'll be down to the pitch - it'll have several thousand tonnes of dirt and sand on top of it on the 1st July for the Motorcross and will need a whole load of work to get it back into any kind of condition in the two weeks between that event and this game. I'm not sure if they're completely relaying the pitch after the Motocross, but it'll be under boards for most of this month for concerts and under six foot of earth for that one - it's going to be a big operation.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

I just hope we have a great pre season where we look competent. 

Remember last summer and all the ominous performances. Masked by actual results but we looked awful in most games and somehow managed go stumble to victory. 

I don't mind if we lose some games, just so long as we look together and organised and prepared, which I'm sure we will be. 

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I just hope we have a great pre season where we look competent. 

Remember last summer and all the ominous performances. Masked by actual results but we looked awful in most games and somehow managed go stumble to victory. 

I don't mind if we lose some games, just so long as we look together and organised and prepared, which I'm sure we will be. 

Pretty much every season. year before we missed a game or two because of Covid I think and went into first game undercooked. Most years we batter Walsall everyone gets excited then we look poor against everyone else. 

People say its only pre season it doesnt matter and then the season starts and it does matter. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villaglint said:

People say its only pre season it doesnt matter and then the season starts and it does matter. 

It matters when you have a muppet chancer like Gerrard in charge, sowing antagonism and dividing the camp. Oh and then not being able to coach football - that stuff matters.