Pre-season 2023/24

Jareth

12 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Wonder how much we're getting payed for this? 2-3 mill? 

I mean might aswell get payed for a preseason but clearly a Premier league money making scheme so we must be getting payed. 

had a google, says top teams can request around £2m per game, MLS teams vs a mid table PL team will get them around £500k

11 hours ago, ejs1111 said:

I've already pre-registered for this event.  I live about 45min outside of DC in the suburbs.  Its about a 1hr metro ride to FedEx field for me.  The summerseries website says that the July 30th match is being advertised and sold as a doubleheader.  So the tickets will be for both Villa v Brentford at noon then Chelsea v Fulham at 245p EST.  I'm really looking forward to seeing AVFC live.  I have not seen them live since they were in the States and played in Philadelphia about 10yrs ago.

Tickets go on sale 4/25

Also looking to head to DC with the Mrs… how do you pre-register?

2 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Why not just register? 

(Sorry, all this 'pre-' business is one of my many bugbears). 

16 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Wonder how much we're getting payed for this? 2-3 mill? 

I mean might aswell get payed for a preseason but clearly a Premier league money making scheme so we must be getting payed. 

Hopefully whatever we get paid will cover Digne's contract for a few days. The little scoundrel. 

Edited by Don_Simon
Spelling.

13 hours ago, MNVillan said:

It was on the website for the summerseries.  By registering with your name- team- etc.  You will get an email a day early to purchase tickets before general sale.

On 11/04/2023 at 18:35, villa4europe said:

had a google, says top teams can request around £2m per game, MLS teams vs a mid table PL team will get them around £500k

So that means Chelsea and Newcastle get £2m a game and the rest get peanuts? 

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

So that means Chelsea and Newcastle get £2m a game and the rest get peanuts? 

I wouldn't get too bothered about the results of a quick Google that probably don't even apply to the forthcoming tournament but are more likely a generalisation of previous Premier League tours in the U.S.A. Look at the wording @villa4europe found. To me it reads that typically if 'top' Premier League teams play another 'top' Premier League team they'll typically earn a couple of million but if a more standard Prem team (let's say outside the $ky 6) plays an MLS team they'll usually earn around 500k. That doesn't sound like it's refering to the Premier League tournament in the U.S. this summer.

9 hours ago, John said:

I'm sure Dirty Leeds can arrange some equally high profile tournament, should the worst happen. Invites pending for them along with Small Heath, The Baggies, The Sky Bloose, Millwall and Ipswich, to take part in the EFL's new "No one likes us Cup" in North Korea.  :D

What on earth have Ipswich done to be involved in that?

7 minutes ago, brommy said:

Any reason(s)?

It’s just a repetition of league games. In pre season I like to see other teams. If a tournament was 8 teams in 2 groups, and 1 team from the prem in each group, fair enough. But what we are doing for me is overkill. I also think that it just gives them more ammunition for the infamous 39th game being played abroad (or something of that ilk).

“Well we’re able to get 80k in a stadium abroad watch Leeds Vs Brighton  during the summer, so it makes sense we take a league game there as well” 

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

It’s just a repetition of league games. In pre season I like to see other teams. If a tournament was 8 teams in 2 groups, and 1 team from the prem in each group, fair enough. But what we are doing for me is overkill. I also think that it just gives them more ammunition for the infamous 39th game being played abroad (or something of that ilk).

“Well we’re able to get 80k in a stadium abroad watch Leeds Vs Brighton  during the summer, so it makes sense we take a league game there as well” 

Thanks for reply. Your concern could be valid.

I'm with you, hoping these sort of tournaments, inevitable as they are, don't lead to a 39th league game or even some kind of world league. Not in my lifetime - please!

• Like 1

On 11/04/2023 at 12:28, ejs1111 said:

I've already pre-registered for this event.  I live about 45min outside of DC in the suburbs.  Its about a 1hr metro ride to FedEx field for me.  The summerseries website says that the July 30th match is being advertised and sold as a doubleheader.  So the tickets will be for both Villa v Brentford at noon then Chelsea v Fulham at 245p EST.  I'm really looking forward to seeing AVFC live.  I have not seen them live since they were in the States and played in Philadelphia about 10yrs ago.

Tickets go on sale 4/25

I'll be there. Can't be believe they picked FedEx field. I swore never to return after my last visit (it's a dump) but for Villa I'll make the exception. 

• Like 2