Pre-season 2023/24

Jareth

42 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Doesn’t mean it’s a bad place to come visit. If you’re moving to the US those are all points very much worth considering but something like a trip to nyc for a week? I think you’re making it seem worse than it actually is for that sort of thing.

Lovely to visit Qatar or other Middle East countries as a tourist for a week as well…same valid point as yours re visit vs living.  

As for making it sounds worse than it is…are you sure? Literally a mass shooting as we speak in Kentucky, the last few days TN expelled 2 black young men, a judge on Friday banned an abortion pill, your ex President got indicted last week and is saying WW3 on social media, a Supreme Court judge not disclosing major influencing benefits and the fall out from Bud Light ambassador being trans.  These things happened in the last week and I’m sure many other things off the top of my head…so maybe you’re understating things.  

Should this affect us playing preseason in the US? No.  

Will us travelling to the US to watch games from the uk put us at risk? 99% no.  

Should we just dismiss the issues US have when we get lectured when we play in Qatar?  The answer should also be No, plus playing in the US is just a bit blah to be honest.  Delighted for the US Villa fans and a great money spinner, just a little disappointed it’s there and think it’s hypocritical if we don’t talk about US major issues when we have talked so much when playing in other countries or other state sponsoring PL clubs like Newcastle.

Anyway I’m done with this topic.  It is what it is.  It’ll be a good marketing and money spinner for the club and great for our US Villa fans as I’ve said.

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Lovely to visit Qatar or other Middle East countries as a tourist for a week as well…same valid point as yours re visit vs living.  

As for making it sounds worse than it is…are you sure? Literally a mass shooting as we speak in Kentucky, the last few days TN expelled 2 black young men, a judge on Friday banned an abortion pill, your ex President got indicted last week and is saying WW3 on social media, a Supreme Court judge not disclosing major influencing benefits and the fall out from Bud Light ambassador being trans.  These things happened in the last week and I’m sure many other things off the top of my head…so maybe you’re understating things.  

Should we just dismiss the issues US have when we get lectured when we play in Qatar?  The answer should also be No, plus playing in the US is just a bit blah to be honest.  Delighted for the US Villa fans and a great money spinner, just a little disappointed it’s there and think it’s hypocritical if we don’t talk about US major issues when we have talked so much when playing in other countries or other state sponsoring PL clubs like Newcastle.

Anyway I’m done with this topic.  It is what it is.  It’ll be a good marketing and money spinner for the club and great for our US Villa fans as I’ve said.

Lol well I guess since you’re “done with this topic” there’s no point in discussing it anymore. 

And I won’t bore you with the details since you’re done but I take great exception to just about everything in your post. 

Anyways. Looking forward to watch the Villans in the states. A shame they won’t be coming to nyc though.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

Don’t mean to offend the Americans on this site but the last six years has not put the US in a good light anymore as a destination of travel, which is a shame.

I agree with your misgivings 100%. I'd recommend to everyone on this site from outside the US, not to visit here. Summertime means more armed people in the street.

Edit: That being said, depending on where on the East Coast it is, I might just have to go, gun crazies be damned.

Edited by maqroll

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Equating the US to Qatar is a little extreme, no? 

Anyway, I’ll definitely be trying to get to a match if I can get the time off work.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Lol well I guess since you’re “done with this topic” there’s no point in discussing it anymore. 

And I won’t bore you with the details since you’re done but I take great exception to just about everything in your post. 

Anyways. Looking forward to watch the Villans in the states. A shame they won’t be coming to nyc though.

When I meant done with the topic, I just meant I’ve said my opinion, it won’t change anything so let’s move on to the thread topic and talk about the preseason games in this thread rather than preseason in America.  I’m guessing most won’t want to be bored with my ramblings about location rather than the football anymore.

Fine, you take exception to my post, that’s ok.  By the way NYC was one of the best vacations I regularly had and I was always in the MSG watching the Knicks who I still love watching today and made me love basketball.  It is a shame the Villa won’t be in NYC but I hope it’s a successful tournament and hopefully we’ll have some new stars to show off as well.

3 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Equating the US to Qatar is a little extreme, no? 

Obviously yes in terms of extreme but the topics are getting closer than normal Americans should feel comfortable with re Women’s health, LGBTQ issues, Racism, Police Brutality, Mass shootings…..

• Like 1

the match schedule currently:

Villa’s full match schedule for the Summer Series is as follows (kick-off all local time):

Sunday, July 23 at Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia

Newcastle United v Aston Villa (7pm)

Wednesday, July 26 at Exploria Stadium, Orlando

Fulham v Aston Villa (7pm)

Sunday, July 30 at FedEx Field, Landover, Maryland

Aston Villa v Brentford (12pm)

Aston Villa set for Premier League Summer Series in USA | AVFC

6 minutes ago, andykeenan said:

Those are some pretty sexy venue names. I'm sure every kid in the US dreams of playing at the Lincoln Financial Field. Hopefully there's some space for football in amongst all the finance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1