Match Thread: Leicester v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Commentator earlier said "Mcginn didnt get a look in at all under Gerrard, what a transformation under Emery"

Gerrard made McGinn captain.

The commentary is shocking! He also said that Ashley Young isn’t suited to the right back role and was better further forward… I assume he’s forgotten where he played for Man U the majority of the time and in Italy! 😂 

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Maybe Diego Carlos on at some point and Konsa to right back to halt Barnes.

That's a good shout but Konsa has been class, started the move off for the goal and has passed it nicely.

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Commentator earlier said "Mcginn didnt get a look in at all under Gerrard, what a transformation under Emery"

Gerrard made McGinn captain.

you'd think the bare minimum as a commentator would be to do some basic homework. statements like these are just moronic.

Hmmm, we're okay, alright, so-so.

Started okay, then Leicester had a period, the goal changed it and a second would've killed them, they're very fragile. Their goal came at just the wrong time for us.

We have to tighten it up a bit - I'm not sure we can afford both Bailey and Buendia - both of them lose the ball far too often - that's our key area to strengthen in the summer I think - for the moment I'm not sure how we change what we have - Dendoncker is clearly a drop in standard and without Kamara, we're thinner than an Edinburgh teen in midfield. We need both Bailey and Buendia to take a little more care - perhaps the same could be said of Ramsey.

So, yeah, the only plan B I've got is do plan A better and watch the ball over the top.

If we score again, it'll ruin their confidence.

Feels like the west ham game so far. Score early-ish and then let them have the better play.

I think it's partly due to change of manager so Leicester changing how they played and we had to deal with that. Hopefully now we got to half time the Don can see how to change it based on that.

Great to be watching live again.

Martinez great.

Back four good on the ball but would like to see them move it faster to shift Leicester and create openings for our midfield to receive it with more space.

McGinn's been the best in midfield.

Watkins and Buendia both threatening.

Bailey gained us some territory at times but little else, want to see more.

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

The commentary is shocking! He also said that Ashley Young isn’t suited to the right back role and was better further forward… I assume he’s forgotten where he played for Man U the majority of the time and in Italy! 😂 

It's Tony Gale again, bloody idiot

• Like 1