Italy v England/England v Ukraine

andykeenan

30 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I think this proves Southgate has no bottle. Comfortable 2-0 an no changes. Needs to rest a few, specially Kane at the very least and give Toney half hour. Takes the piss if he don't play him yet again.

What's the point in playing Toney even? Bet he'll be banned next season.

• Like 2

Just now, fightoffyour said:

What's the point in playing Toney even? Bet he'll be banned next season.

The widespread belief seems to be he might be out for a few months but back in plenty of time for the next tournament.

• Thanks 1

I'm a bit surprised Ukraine only managed three attempts and that none of them were on target. Maybe this is because of how much the war has affected the players mentally (and perhaps physically too if they've had disrupted training sessions and less matches than normal).  : <  Both a disappointing result and performance for the Ukraine fans today. 

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Pundits literally spending the last 15 minutes trying to sell Harry Kane. I’d be pissed off if I were a Spurs fan. 

Why on earth did you not immediately turn it off at FT???

30 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

What's the point in making these changes so late in the game? Just seems dumb. 

Bringing on the likes of Grealish at 86 minutes is the height of pointlessness. Like he has to justify dropping him by bringing him on. An uncapped player you wouldn’t mind. It’s just so pointless. 

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Why on earth did you not immediately turn it off at FT???

it was on and I missed practically the whole game and just walked into the room. You’re right though. They might as well all be sucking each other off and negotiating the Kane and Bellingham fee for one of Chelsea or Liverpool 

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Job done. Other games he can experiment more. 

But he won't...

He won't integrate the u21s until after the summer tournament but based on everything he's done previously are you expecting 2 or 3 of them to get a chance?

Even Bellingham only broke through because Phillips was injured 

Didn't even bother watching this game. Still no motivation to care about England. I think the Qatar world cup corruption has played a part in the malaise I have, but England doing nothing to overcome it. The Italy game had potential but the second half exposed the flaws that will prevent us achieving anything under Southgate. 

Leeds already going to miss Wober, probably their best defender, for two or three games because of injury during international break.

Tyler Adams also apparently injured.

So basically their best defender, midfielder, and now attacker.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

The widespread belief seems to be he might be out for a few months but back in plenty of time for the next tournament.

Think you are right Southgate must be privy to the charges and if it was serious like match fixing he would have been miles away from the England camp.I wouldn’t be surprised if he got an 8 match ban in April he would be sold to the likes of Chelsea for 60 mill +

which would be nice 

Â