Italy v England/England v Ukraine

andykeenan

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Interesting thing re Kane's scoring record is he often gets criticised for bagging them against minnows.

But Bobby Charlton got 16 of his England goals against Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland in the Home Championships, and 5 against Luxembourg. Gary Lineker got 25 of his 48 goals in friendlies!

Guess it's just always been the case that you're going to get most of your goals in international football against the weaker sides who can be turned over at a canter.

Just reflects the change in football. Charlton would have hardly played in any qualifiers, Lineker would have had more friendlies before the nations league was created.

8 hours ago, Spoony said:

I didn’t even know we were playing. Can’t stand Southgateball, can’t stand England fans. Hard to ever get excited now. Did we boo the Italian national anthem and do some other embarrassing shit then turn in a defensive and dull performance against what is actually a pretty old and shite side?

First-half England were magnificent, unfortunately not scoring the third just before the break gave them a lifeline.

Some young players called up to the Italian side.

Italy also booed the national anthem of England. The Napoli fans are pretty bad from an objective point of view. Italian fans in general are no shrinking violets either; some rather fascist undertones.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Some idiot brought a flag to Naples with Diegos in a box

He is probably dead now

Anything to put the boot in right?

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Kane has 16 international penalties as well

That is because he usually is deadly around the box, I'd rather him than any other England player. His penalty last night was perfection; it's why he takes them. Duh!

7 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

First-half England were magnificent, unfortunately not scoring the third just before the break gave them a lifeline.

Some young players called up to the Italian side.

Italy also booed the national anthem of England. The Napoli fans are pretty bad from an objective point of view. Italian fans in general are no shrinking violets either; some rather fascist undertones.

Anything to put the boot in right?

That is because he usually is deadly around the box, I'd rather him than any other England player. His penalty last night was perfection; it's why he takes them. Duh!

Doesn’t surprise me the Italian fans were dicks as well. I’m just tired of football fans overall. Hardly anything is actually about football. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Doesn’t surprise me the Italian fans were dicks as well. I’m just tired of football fans overall. Hardly anything is actually about football. 

Its a way for males to get the permission slip to get away from her indoors and get absolutely **** smashed

Football is a side show, they go for the tear up not the game, club football is the same

11 hours ago, duke313 said:

I think the point was scoring penalties is less impressive than scoring from open play. 

They're converted more readily, but they aren't really that less impressive than scoring a tap in or a free header etc.

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They're converted more readily, but they aren't really that less impressive than scoring a tap in or a free header etc.

Agreed and I'd go further than that and say the composure and skill needed to score a penalty is something many players don't have.

There is a reason Gabby didn't really take penalties.

On 23/03/2023 at 23:02, jim said:

Great win and start to the campaign. Nothing to complain about, we got the result.

That's why we're stuck in this mess

Win the qualifiers but in a fashion that you can already see won't go anywhere beyond where the easy tournament draw gifts him 

But you shouldn't complain because we won, we shouldn't even complain at quarter finals and semi finals because its more than capello and schteve achieved...

We do it in spite of him not because of him 

• Like 1

Â