Italy v England/England v Ukraine

andykeenan

Good first half by England.

shocking management by Southgate when they came under pressure in the second. Poor choices of substitutes. How Philips stayed on given his lack of match fitness is incredulous.

still better to be lucky than good but he does get found out when it gets serious.

I've switched if off before they all start noshing off Southgate about what a brilliant win it was under difficult circumstances (ignoring that we totally handed the initiative to them and the weird substitutions that did nothing to stop the onslaught). 

It begins. 

The long road to a stroll to the Euro final where we lose because Southgate has no bottle, zero game craft, and no actual clue what he's doing.

But we'll do better then we've ever done before losing. It's all a bit dull.

In the 1st half 7 shots, good. And then in the 2nd half: 0 (zero) shots.

I appreciate some people might disagree but anyway, I can't help feeling that no shots at all in a whole half is a bit pathetic. It's bad enough having no shot on target in a whole half. But no shots at all? Good grief.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Christ lads, cheer up, we've just won the hardest game in the group, first time we've beat them over there for 62 years, think we can afford to crack a smile. 

They didn't qualify for the last tournament, they are hardly the quality team they used to be. Beating them is not much of a achievement. 

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Christ lads, cheer up, we've just won the hardest game in the group, first time we've beat them over there for 62 years, think we can afford to crack a smile. 

The short term thinker in me loves that we've beaten Italy in Italy.

But Italy are pretty rubbish at the moment, didn't even qualify for the world cup, and that second half was atrocious. It tells me that we won't win anything under him.

I can't get invested in an England team that is being led by a clown, which I think is why I didn't even crack a smile when the full time whistle went. It's like I don't support England any more, it's weird.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

On the BBC, Italy have been busy tonight

Screenshot_20230323_214920_Chrome.jpg

Surely that has be the end for Mancini? Back to back defeats on the same night, at the same time, with the same team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

They didn't qualify for the last tournament, they are hardly the quality team they used to be. Beating them is not much of a achievement. 

They won the Euros less than 2 years ago. Italy in Italy is the hardest fixture in the group. It's a good result, sorry. 

• Like 3

Â