What Instantly Ruins A Burger?

Rds1983

What Instantly Ruins A Burger?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Have just popped into a local pub for lunch and finished an absolutely delicious burger. However, it was instantly ruined for me by being ridiculously tall making it difficult and messy to eat and resulting in toppings and burger sliding out onto the plate. I've always felt a burger should be wider than it is tall and this seems to be a common issue nowadays and got me wondering what else ruins a burger for people? Apart from this I also not fond of the brioche bun trend as feel a burger should be savoury and not sweet.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/03/23 at 17:00

1 hour ago, Risso said:

I had the nicest burger I've ever had in a joint called Black Tap in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. It was this, unbelievanly delicious. By Las Vegas standards (8 dollars for a coffee) it was actually quite reasonably priced as well.

THE WAGYU STEAKHOUSE BURGER |24.5 
1/2 pound wagyu beef, pepperjack cheese, bacon, crispy onions, A1 sauce, roasted garlic mayo

Meh .. give me the heart attack grill any day 

2 hours ago, Risso said:

I had the nicest burger I've ever had in a joint called Black Tap in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. It was this, unbelievanly delicious. By Las Vegas standards (8 dollars for a coffee) it was actually quite reasonably priced as well.

THE WAGYU STEAKHOUSE BURGER |24.5 
1/2 pound wagyu beef, pepperjack cheese, bacon, crispy onions, A1 sauce, roasted garlic mayo

It's almost certainly one of the best in Vegas. Better than the shitty Heart Attack Grill. Back before the Park MGM was the Park MGM, The Monte Carlo had a bar called The Pub and they had fantastic burgers, Black Tap is excellent now though. 

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Also, what's A1 sauce?

Pretty sure I've read somewhere that A1 sauce is originally an UK mid-1800's brown sauce recipe... Agree with the wider versus higher, burger. All flavours/ingredients in one single bite without having to deconstruct the burger on your plate and having to resort to using cutlery.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Don't get the Brioche hatred myself, the bread holds together much better than a traditional shitey whitey burger bun

same but it does present difficulties when offering plant based burger options because brioche buns are generally not vegan

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Also, what's A1 sauce?

It's really good. It's a steak sauce, if you imagine Worcestershire sauce but with the consistency of a thin ketchup - but also a bit meatier and fruitier. 

It's lovely.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

It's really good. It's a steak sauce, if you imagine Worcestershire sauce but with the consistency of a thin ketchup - but also a bit meatier and fruitier. 

It's lovely.

steak sauce is something i've never gotten, especially when it's always the most expensive thing on the menu. why spend £30 on a steak then chuck a load of sauce on it so it's the only thing you taste?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bickster said:

Don't get the Brioche hatred myself, the bread holds together much better than a traditional shitey whitey burger bun

I'm not a fan of brioche on a burger as I find them too sweet and jarring. They overpower the other flavours. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

steak sauce is something i've never gotten, especially when it's always the most expensive thing on the menu. why spend £30 on a steak then chuck a load of sauce on it so it's the only thing you taste?

I reckon most people do it terribly.

"Mmmmm... a lovely piece of steak.  Let's cover it in peppercorn sauce so that's all you can taste!"

Â