What Instantly Ruins A Burger?

Rds1983

What Instantly Ruins A Burger?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Have just popped into a local pub for lunch and finished an absolutely delicious burger. However, it was instantly ruined for me by being ridiculously tall making it difficult and messy to eat and resulting in toppings and burger sliding out onto the plate. I've always felt a burger should be wider than it is tall and this seems to be a common issue nowadays and got me wondering what else ruins a burger for people? Apart from this I also not fond of the brioche bun trend as feel a burger should be savoury and not sweet.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/03/23 at 17:00

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's got lettuce, tomato, is too tall and by the look of it brioche bun. 

Gold leaf is the least of you're issues there. 

Not a brioche bun as they swapped it for a normal one.

Without re-opening old debates, lettuce and tomato are fine on a burger.

Not as tall as it looks there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

Not a brioche bun as they swapped it for a normal one.

Without re-opening old debates, lettuce and tomato are fine on a burger.

Not as tall as it looks there.

On your side. No issues with the make up, but gold leaf would be a certainty of me never visiting there. 

10 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

What ruins a burger?

My complete inability to manage to eat the bloody top and bottom bun at the same ratio - I always end up with more bun at the top than the bottom, so my hands end up a greasy mess.

And mayonnaise. Absolutely vomit-inducingly disgusting

Agree about the bun business. 

Nothing wrong with mayo, but I wouldn't put it on the burger. 

I had the nicest burger I've ever had in a joint called Black Tap in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. It was this, unbelievanly delicious. By Las Vegas standards (8 dollars for a coffee) it was actually quite reasonably priced as well.

THE WAGYU STEAKHOUSE BURGER |24.5 
1/2 pound wagyu beef, pepperjack cheese, bacon, crispy onions, A1 sauce, roasted garlic mayo

• Like 1

12 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

What ruins a burger?

My complete inability to manage to eat the bloody top and bottom bun at the same ratio - I always end up with more bun at the top than the bottom, so my hands end up a greasy mess.

And mayonnaise. Absolutely vomit-inducingly disgusting

I had this same problem.  It was then kindly pointed out to me what the purpose of that cocktail stick you find in a lot of burgers is for.  Keeps it all together and stops the slippy sliding. If there's no cocktail stick in my burger I get rather annoyed now.

Â