Match Thread: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Meatball bang at it again today. Good lad!

Just for educational purposes.  In the states referring to a Pole as a meatball would be akin to racism and get you banned.  May not be the same in UK, but I thought someone might like to learn that.

• Like 1

Just now, osmark86 said:

playing out from the back real solid today too. looks like we're improving here.

Yeah i'm guessing this is why the insistence on it.

The only way to get better at it, is to practice it in real match situations.

Short term pain etc

• Like 3

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

Just for educational purposes.  In the states referring to a Pole as a meatball would be akin to racism and get you banned.  May not be the same in UK, but I thought someone might like to learn that.

Good thing he's not a Pole then.

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

playing out from the back real solid today too. looks like we're improving here.

Palace not pressing as high or with the same intensity as some of our previous opponents either.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah i'm guessing this is why the insistence on it.

The only way to get better at it, is to practice it in real match situations.

Short term pain etc

yep...we're going to get caught out like dougie just did but you just have to learn from it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

Meatball is a slur for Italians, not Poles...  Popularized by the short chubby Jersey Shore girls calling themselves meatballs...