Match Thread: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

Just now, est1874 said:

Good thing he's not a Pole then.

Sorry, I thought Matty had made a great run down the wing and crossed in the ball that created the goal, if he meant someone else, no harm.  I didn't accuse, just informed.

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Meatball is a slur for Italians, not Poles...  Popularized by the short chubby Jersey Shore girls calling themselves meatballs...

Actually, it goes back earlier than that, to Archie Bunker and his Polish son in law.

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

Sorry, I thought Matty had made a great run down the wing and crossed in the ball that created the goal, if he meant someone else, no harm.  I didn't accuse, just informed.

Meatball is McGinn's nickname. If you asked me to explain I couldn't as I've no idea, might be to do with the shape of his head but I'd probably get in trouble for suggesting that too 🤣 

• Haha 1

Just now, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I’m not even sure that the final line in their post makes sense. 

I think they tried to say we have a 7 point gap over them, but had so much contempt for the idea of it, gave up typing it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

They also said Cash "ran onto a long ball" and for the goal which is a little uncharitable, but they don't have a lot of time to observe and write this stuff tbf

I think their point in the screen cap is more that we're much further clear of it despite it only being two places, it's condensed down the bottom and then 11th up is like a separate league at the moment