Pre match thread

Demitri_C

Everton are very limited but Tarkowski was getting on the end of pretty much all their set pieces so that's the big warning which we need to actually train for at Bodymoor this week (given how lax we are defending corners currently). Beyond that Everton-Leeds was a very poor quality game which was won by terrible positioning from Meslier. 

As bad as we've been defensively recently we'd have to put in our worst performance for years if we ship 3-4 goals to this lot.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Just watching the game now they look veey orgnised. This is going to be another tough game.

Two games under dyche two wins zero goals conceded 

It’s the premier league, we are a mid table team of course it’s going to be tough, there are no easy games in the Premier league.

We have a good record against them but we are on a 3 match losing run and are leaking goals and they will have targeted this game for 3 points. 

This game is nowhere near as easy as it was a few weeks ago

Dyche does pretty well against us too 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Just watching the game now they look veey orgnised. This is going to be another tough game.

Three games, two wins, one defeat.

I agree it won’t be an easy one, I anticipate similar to the game at theirs last season.

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

Not sure what to expect from this. Suffice to say, I don't have high hopes. I'll take a point. We just need to collect points now. 

Yep. Avoiding defeat in games would be a great start.

Sadly, we are destined to finish around where we are now, all we have to play for is not getting sucked into the shitshow at the bottom.

Which means NOT losing to Everton.

• Like 2

New manager. Full of confidence. What can go wrong? Horrible time to play them and their fans will be massively up for it. We'll need to be much better from set pieces and keep that trappy cretin Maupay quiet.

I'd be very surprised to see us win here. Important we don't roll over for another team in need, as we know that's the Villa way. I'd keep the starting XI that started against Arsenal and see if Coutinho and Buendia can have any joy with Ollie up top. Need to control the middle too if we can. Easier said than done. Concede first and I really fear for us.

On 18/02/2023 at 16:51, Demitri_C said:

Come on, D, don't forget the Merseyside derby. They're beatable, I just don't know if will be mentally up for it.

9 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Come on, D, don't forget the Merseyside derby. They're beatable, I just don't know if will be mentally up for it.

That waa at liverpool look at their home record under dyche. Two wins no goals conceded.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

When Dyche was at Burnley, we routinely battered them and didn't win. Think it was only one win despite being the better team in every game.

We have to defend set-pieces better or we'll lose.

There was the game at Turf Moor where we twice threw away a lead, but the other game that stands out was a 0-0 at home a few seasons back; we had nearly 30 shots, hit the woodwork a few times and still couldn't score. One of the worst displays of finishing i've seen.