Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, El Segundo said:

Yep he ultimately trips himself but only because Ramsey catches his foot and propels it into his other leg.  People can try and twist it as much as they want but Ramsey caught him and that's why he went over.  

Yeah, it’s this. 

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Tbh I thought it was a penalty and I'd be fuming if we didn't get one for that.  I wish Konsa would take more responsibility now Mings isn't there.  It seems to be all on Chambers to deal with Haaland and we have no organisation at all in defence.

Haalands a clever bastard to be fair to him, in the home game he had no joy from mings so drifted to konsa, today he's gone straight for Chambers, he knows

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El Segundo said:

Yep he ultimately trips himself but only because Ramsey catches his foot and propels it into his other leg.  People can try and twist it as much as they want but Ramsey caught him and that's why he went over.  

He did, I concede it now, but it’s the sly dangling leg, it’s playing for the penalty, poor from Jack, not like City are struggling.

We’re a middle of the road club and aren’t ever going to be anything other, the cards are stacked against us. Any of you that think different are absolutely delusional. It’s not on the owners or the players or the the manager, it’s just not allowed. We’re there to beat the likes of Palace and Southampton and get hammered by the Sky 6. That’s the game, the sooner we get used to it, the better. Accept teams like Villa are not able to make it to the top echelons, it’s a broken game.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Yeah, and then when it comes to the summer and we've finished bottom half again they may well regret that decision if it means we once again fail to get our transfers right.

I agree, I thought it was very short sighted considering who our competition this season was for top 7. Of course why go for it this season when we can let all the teams usually above to strengthen massively in the summer making it even more expensive to compete. I have to say the notion of this club ever getting good enough to play in Europe again is a bit of fairy land thinking.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol... Did you watch the replays?

Or are you purposely playing blind?

The lad STUCK his leg out AFTER any contact to buy the drama and go over.

Yep watched the replays, clearly catches Grealish's foot and causes him to trip. Think you must be blind or wearing claret and blue specs if you can't see it.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, penguin said:

It’s been an atrocious half from us, no matter who we are playing. You’ve taken exception to the ‘outrage’ of calling a spade a spade as its City not Brentford. If think expecting a better first half than this unrealistic then why even bother.

64323F6E-A03E-44E8-B641-2B2EF5438699.jpeg.1f842e4d4ac169ed19a61bdec6c9153b.jpeg

Yeah I still don’t really care. Just hope we get out of the slump sooner rather than later.