Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

So why is it the likes of Brentford etc are able to put in a proper performance against this lot, yet we look like a side which has come up from non league to have a go in a cup game? 

They’ll eat a pound of gravel and ask for more. We have Bailey, Chambers, Digne etc soft as shit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Don’t mind losing to a better team but we are so bloody passive!  

We should make them work for it, but we’ve basically jogged around and been gentle with them.

Easiest game City will have all season.

This is exactly how I feel! **** passive, as soon as they scored you could tell they just want to roll over.

Zero pride shown, we jogged when we lost the ball, panic when the ball is at our feet in defence. I’m not expecting us to win, but I’m expecting us to show some **** heart at the very least.

• Like 1

Just now, Wurzel said:

Yes, and expect another in the next game. I have a strong feeling Wolves and West Ham will finish above us this season.

If they do then appointing Emery seems pointless. He wasn't brought in to have us treading water.

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Far too much leniency on here but what I expected. If we played like this under Gerrard there'd be an outroar. 

I'm not seeing much leniency mate, I'm one of those "softies" and I'm livid, but this ain't on Unai..

Edited by Villan_of_oz

We've been shit, let's not pretend or use oooh it's man City as an excuse.My heart sighed when I saw the line up

Digne who is as hard as melted butter

Chambers

Bailey again 

We have a very small amount of players to choose from and some of them are not what I would want.

• Thanks 1

Gutless pussies the lot of them today. Not even trying for a win, embarrassing for Emery. Hope he's got some doe to spend in the summer, still think we should have done more in January looking at this mess of a team. I mean Chambers wouldn't even get on Brentford's bench never mind first team player.

• Like 1

It's a clear trip, not a dive.  It was unintentional but still a trip and therefore a pen. 

Young was most at fault for the second goal, not Chambers.  Didn't even look to see where Gundogan was.  Terrible defending second week running.

Bailey once again weak as piss in every challenge, and dire control,  Watkins not involved, Kamara having his second mare in a row. 

Baffling that some think we have played ok. We've not got started and it could have been 5.  Worst performance under Emery by a mile so far.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'm not watching it. I can't. Those blue words removed have genuinely smashed a hole in my love of football.

This all day long.

They've killed the game for me. Happened a long time ago but the last week (and the inevitable fart of a punishment they'll get for it) has destroyed whatever was left of the soul of English football. Not really much point anymore, tbqh.

4 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

This was the most predictable outcome ever. Scum club and what an absolute clearing in the woods Grealish is. Hope somebody absolutely clatters him.

Agreed, And if they don't, I hope he gets home and stands on a Lego.

• Haha 1

This is what happens. We win 6 out of 8 , rest on our laurels and revert to type. And at the same time Guardiola creates a seige mentality and his players come out fighting for everything. Half a yard quicker. And we simply are not good enough