Match thread: Villa v Leicester

limpid

Just now, srsmithusa said:

to be fair to him, I think he has watched our preferred way of playing it out, and has his midfield collapsing with high pressure on a DCM who receives the ball.  2 of their 3 have come from that.  Dispossesed Kamara twice, although I think the second time he was fouled but this ref has missed some really obvious calls both ways.

That one on Buendia just before they'd second was ridiculous. He's a terrible ref. 

• Thanks 1

Laughable not to replace some of this lot. Yes we have had a decent spell of form but they are still the same players and are capable of having a rediculously bad mindset. Poor approach from Villa all around. Have themselves to blame. 

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Digne needs to tell Mings. He can see the picture.

Digne has to tuck in once he sees Ihenacho drifting off, pretty basic for a full back.

I actually think we've played o.k but typical Villa isn't it. 2-1 up and in control of game and chance to go above Chelsea and Liverpool today and we contrive to be losing at half time to bottom six team.

These halves happen and there are more goals in this.

Have to say as an Ings replacement Ihenacho would be a good replacement imo, still mid 20s and would offer us something different upfront.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Just watched the replay for the second goal, that's on Mings for me. 

Not that Digne isn't at fault, but his fault actually doesn't contribute to the goal. Digne should be marking Tete who is also open and shouldn't even be in the vicinity of Iheanacho.

Both players have lost their man.

but thats the thing, he can see iheanacho, he can see that mings doesnt have him and that he's wide open in the middle of the goal, he drops his man to cover the danger 

its schoolboy stuff, you dont just mark your man and blame everyone else, you defend and cover while shouting like **** mad at mings

• Like 1

The word that comes to mind is unprofessional. It's "only Leicester" so  we relax and **** around with ball.

Just like we did against Stevenage.

And what frustrates me the most is the stupidity, with 30 seconds left on the clock, to try to dribble past players in midfield.

Kamara has been brilliant up to today, but this has to be one of the worst individual performances we've seen in a while.