Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

8 minutes ago, John said:

Or I think that I heard mention of Newcastle?

To be fair longstaff has started 27 games for newcastle this season, he would be a sensible pick up for them if the price is right 

For us not so much, we're in a better position for midfield depth, we have other needs

As a side, anyone know how merino got on at Newcastle and why they let him go?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

For me, I'd like:

RB, young CB, RW, ST

The argument would be that we have 4 young CBs already albeit probably 2 years too young

I'd say RB, RW, AMC with the latter two needing to be 10+ a season goalscorers so we get away with not signing a striker

I am hoping we will replace (or get rid of the dead wood) these players during the window in no particular order.

Bailey-Coutinho-Digne-Traore-Chambers-Dendoncker-Sanson-Nakamba-Wesley-Davis-Hause-Olsen-Steer

That would be a massive clearout and of course leave room for us to bring in some exciting players it would also free up a lot of wages etc.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Barcelona really want Victor Roque young Brazilian striker, we should use Alemany connections and get in ahead of them.

Our name was mentioned back in April as one of many teams who had contacted his agent …  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Who are they?

Kerr, swinkels, Bogarde and feeney

Swinkels has done his ACL and might be out of contract (?) Bogarde has been playing CM for Bristol, none of them are ready and I'm not saying any of them will even make it but I'd be surprised if none of the 4 at least get a chance to be mings long term replacement so 3/4 years development still to go

Maybe still room to buy someone else who's around 21/22 as the 4th choice CB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Swinkels has done his ACL and might be out of contract (?) Bogarde has been playing CM for Bristol, none of them are ready and I'm not saying any of them will even make it but I'd be surprised if none of the 4 at least get a chance to be mings long term replacement so 3/4 years development still to go

Swinkels has signed a 1 year extension, i believe.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Thanks, I've heard of them all apart from Kerr. Had heard Bogarde had been playing CM as well. Thought Feeney was a CM but think I'm confusing him with O'Reilly.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He's on a free as well isn't he?

Unai will obviously know him from his time at Arsenal (unless they loaned him out the whole time?)

Not convinced by him and I'm a firm believer that you don't catch the top 6 by buying their reserves (Everton...) but at the same time I think we need bodies in that position if we ship out traore or Bailey or both, don't think he'd be a first choice starter but a good bench option

He did well in his Bundesliga loan, not so much at Feyenoord. Signing that could go either way but seems Brighton are onto him aswell.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I think Bogarde will end up as a DM and a classy one at that. Feeney and Kerr are full of promise, not sure if Swinkels is as good but you never know out of the three who’ll make the grade, could be all three, could be none of them. 

I do think there’s space for a 20 something CB in the squad, as a well as a CB option for the RB position. Inacio and Timber would be my suggestions, sell Chambers but keep Konsa. Defensive line sorted. 

The young CB is secondary though, my priority would be the RB position and the forward line, namely an intelligent SS, and superior quality at both RM and LM/CAM, Chuck in a pacey Young RW to give us options and another CM and that’d be a perfect summer window for me. 

If we couldn’t get a decent backup GK permanently I’d look at the loan market or promote Sinisalo. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Not linked but Kepheren Thuram’s heat map @Delphinho123.  

IMG_1471.jpeg

Basically where Luiz and Ramsey play, would he oust either of them from the starting 11? Great player but not sure he’s what we need in that area.

I think the player out there needs to be operating further forward, an attacking midfielder rather than a CM/DM, which is what I’d class K. Thuram as.

8 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I am hoping we will replace (or get rid of the dead wood) these players during the window in no particular order.

Bailey-Coutinho-Digne-Traore-Chambers-Dendoncker-Sanson-Nakamba-Wesley-Davis-Hause-Olsen-Steer

That would be a massive clearout and of course leave room for us to bring in some exciting players it would also free up a lot of wages etc.

Easier said than done, as It's not like we have been turning offers down for these players. Most of them have been available for a long time and no one has offered anything for them, otherwise they would have been sold already. 

Edited by Made In Aston

8 hours ago, burchy said:

Basically where Luiz and Ramsey play, would he oust either of them from the starting 11? Great player but not sure he’s what we need in that area.

I think the player out there needs to be operating further forward, an attacking midfielder rather than a CM/DM, which is what I’d class K. Thuram as.

Actually I think Thuram is far more box to box than DM. His size and aggression in the tackle make people think he's defensive, but he loves to get forward. He has good touch and technique. He is extremely versatile. 

• Like 1