Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

13 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I can see us finding new clubs for Nakamba, Sanson, Dendoncker trying to get a loan for Coutinho. 

Then adding in a couple more players in the central and wide midfield spots. Guendouzi and another. Making Luiz and McGinn have to up their game another level or spend more time on the bench.

I feel JJ is improving and continues to improve. He's now got 5 goals and 5 assists this season. But tellingly he's got 3 goals and 3 assists in his last 10 games. We add in additional attacking talent and he'll find more space to get into the box. 

JJ and Kamara have very high ceilings. I think Guendouzi does too he turned 24 last month. Luiz keeps surprising. McGinn in there too. There's a tenacious talented midfield Emery will have on his hands next season. 

It's the attacking talent that needs to be sorted we need two more on Watkins level or above added. 

Coutinho would be easy to sell to a Saudi club.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Where's this Ward Prowse rumour even come from?

Back in summer 2021 Luiz was promising but still very inconsistent in games. McGinn ended that season pretty poorly and Kamara was just a kid at Marseille. Back then Dendoncker would've been starting every week for us so we're in a totally different place at CM now compared to two years ago. 

Ramsey aswell only had about 10-15 senior games back then and if we get a few injuries we can always move him back to CM.

Maybe it's Lange's parting gift before Alemany comes and gives us 2-3 more Kamaras in his first transfer window.

I don't think it was a rumour,  I think that Jareth had asked if any of us would take him off Southampton's hands. 

23 hours ago, Shirtman said:

A young man who prefers golf to football

He's not quite Bale is he? Isn't it just his goal celebration (it looks a decent swing too;))?  image.jpeg.7cc83bdcb8ce54f6fa5fd4e9cb070a7b.jpeg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Can I propose a very good under the radar signing?

Reiss Nelson. 

(Guys class)

He's on a free as well isn't he?

Unai will obviously know him from his time at Arsenal (unless they loaned him out the whole time?)

Not convinced by him and I'm a firm believer that you don't catch the top 6 by buying their reserves (Everton...) but at the same time I think we need bodies in that position if we ship out traore or Bailey or both, don't think he'd be a first choice starter but a good bench option

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's on a free as well isn't he?

Unai will obviously know him from his time at Arsenal (unless they loaned him out the whole time?)

Not convinced by him and I'm a firm believer that you don't catch the top 6 by buying their reserves (Everton...) but at the same time I think we need bodies in that position if we ship out traore or Bailey or both, don't think he'd be a first choice starter but a good bench option

We did OK by buying Arsenal's reserve keeper... 😉

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Barcelona really want Victor Roque young Brazilian striker, we should use Alemany connections and get in ahead of them.

He's five foot six though and I know that will set alarm bells ringing with some of us;)image.jpeg.e59225dfe9c74d7285461d5c8551f095.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, KMitch said:

I said this in the Relegation thread but the disrespect JWP gets on here is unreal...  You'd think he's Hourihane 2.0 with a better free kick but a worse footballer by some.

JWP has consistently put up solid numbers for a team that was slowly getting asset stripped over the last 5 years.  I honestly could see him being very good for Man United alongside Casemero in the role Eriksen is playing for them, at West Ham alongside Declan Rice, or at Liverpool if they sign a quality DM.  He would honestly thrive in Douglas Luiz's spot at Villa under Emery's system.  He's going to end up having a great season next year no matter where he ends up.  I really don't see him coming to Villa, but if Emery did end up wanting him at the club I think he'd do well for us.

He's not a bad player.  But if we sign JWP and play him instead of Luiz then we deserve to be in a relegation battle next season.  He'll almost certainly go to West Ham and West Ham will almost certainly finish in the bottom half of the table.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, allani said:

We did OK by buying Arsenal's reserve keeper... 😉

Yeah one of the more bizarre decisions with them thinking Leno was better

But I'm still serious, we don't catch arsenal by signing Nelson on a free or especially giving them £30m for ESR

• Like 4

1 minute ago, allani said:

He's not a bad player.  But if we sign JWP and play him instead of Luiz then we deserve to be in a relegation battle next season.  He'll almost certainly go to West Ham and West Ham will almost certainly finish in the bottom half of the table.

Or I think that I heard mention of Newcastle?

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah one of the more bizarre decisions with them thinking Leno was better

But I'm still serious, we don't catch arsenal by signing Nelson on a free or especially giving them £30m for ESR

Generally I agree with you.  I think there are exceptions though.  I know the situation with Dougie was quite unique with the whole work permit thing - but picking up players that aren't getting a chance and giving them a run in the team can sometimes work.  There will be some good players going cheap at Chelsea in the summer and (picked wisely) I wouldn't be completely against picking up a bargain - although another part of me would enjoy watching them not being able to sell any of the players they tied down to 8 year contracts in order to try and play the system.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KMitch said:

I said this in the Relegation thread but the disrespect JWP gets on here is unreal...  You'd think he's Hourihane 2.0 with a better free kick but a worse footballer by some.

JWP has consistently put up solid numbers for a team that was slowly getting asset stripped over the last 5 years.  I honestly could see him being very good for Man United alongside Casemero in the role Eriksen is playing for them, at West Ham alongside Declan Rice, or at Liverpool if they sign a quality DM.  He would honestly thrive in Douglas Luiz's spot at Villa under Emery's system.  He's going to end up having a great season next year no matter where he ends up.  I really don't see him coming to Villa, but if Emery did end up wanting him at the club I think he'd do well for us.

There's no way JWP should play ahead of Douglas Luiz.

• Like 3