Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

10 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I am hoping we will replace (or get rid of the dead wood) these players during the window in no particular order.

Bailey-Coutinho-Digne-Traore-Chambers-Dendoncker-Sanson-Nakamba-Wesley-Davis-Hause-Olsen-Steer

That would be a massive clearout and of course leave room for us to bring in some exciting players it would also free up a lot of wages etc.

Bailey, Digne, Chambers, and Dendonker are hardly deadwood. All are playing active roles in the squad, and Bailey is as much a first teamer  as Buendia. 

I think all of those 4 are unlikely to be sold. Digne has shown he is still a player at this level and the competition of Moreno has brought out better performances. His age and wage are also stumbling blocks to any potential sale.

Chambers versatility means he can cover 3 of 4 defensive positions. To sell him doesn't really make sense unless he wants to go, or a sizeable offer comes in.

Dendonker with the exception of the Stevenage games has done well for us. He is a good professional, and is also Versatile. Doesn't make sense to sell him. Unless a sizable offer comes in.

Bailey, despite his criticism has goals and assists, and has shown he is our best right wide forward. Yes we plan to strengthen this position and rightly so, but until we know we have 2 players in his position better than him, we shouldn't sell unless he wants to leave.

Coutinho is a far better player than Buendia. The problem is this season he has spent more time injured than fit. This is a problem. This makes selling him very difficult when you combine his age and wage. It's a real shame. This has a Micah Richards feel to it! Fully fit and sharp, our best in his position, but we can't seem to ever get him fully fit and sharp!

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I can't espresso how happy I'd be with that...

Better latte than never...

Reveal hidden contents

puppy-eyes.gif

I think she's Americano

I'll get my coat.jpg

Edited by TRO

47 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Bailey, Digne, Chambers, and Dendonker are hardly deadwood. All are playing active roles in the squad, and Bailey is as much a first teamer  as Buendia. 

I think all of those 4 are unlikely to be sold. Digne has shown he is still a player at this level and the competition of Moreno has brought out better performances. His age and wage are also stumbling blocks to any potential sale.

Chambers versatility means he can cover 3 of 4 defensive positions. To sell him doesn't really make sense unless he wants to go, or a sizeable offer comes in.

Dendonker with the exception of the Stevenage games has done well for us. He is a good professional, and is also Versatile. Doesn't make sense to sell him. Unless a sizable offer comes in.

Bailey, despite his criticism has goals and assists, and has shown he is our best right wide forward. Yes we plan to strengthen this position and rightly so, but until we know we have 2 players in his position better than him, we shouldn't sell unless he wants to leave.

Coutinho is a far better player than Buendia. The problem is this season he has spent more time injured than fit. This is a problem. This makes selling him very difficult when you combine his age and wage. It's a real shame. This has a Micah Richards feel to it! Fully fit and sharp, our best in his position, but we can't seem to ever get him fully fit and sharp!

Your Beundia bashing obsession is hilarious. Coutinho has done **** all bar one game and looked a total flop vs Stevenage

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think it's been established Gregg Evans knows nothing about our transfer dealings

does anybody?

35 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think it's been established Gregg Evans knows nothing about our transfer dealings

Gregg "you know nothing John Snow" Evans.

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would we sign him and Guendouzi?

Surely different types of players? Guendouzi is an aggressive, in your face type of player where as Lo Celso is more technical but easily bullied.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would we sign him and Guendouzi?

Dunno, but Lo Celso sounds like one of those players who could do a McGinn, ie: a very good squad player capable of playing in the middle, on the left, as the AM etc etc, so maybe not a nailed on starter, but probably a player Emery would trust as part of the squad, and very versatile?

Emery loaned him in twice didnt he?, so Emery clearly trusts him to do a job?

I guess it depends on the price, and knowing Levy, he likes to sign players for a bag of crisps, but wants top buck for sold players, so i guess that might be an issue, if he were cheap as a well rounded squad player, maybe a good signing, for 10s of millions.....maybe not?

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

He's a far better player than Buendia in the same sense that Ronaldo is a far better player than Rodrygo. He was born to play football and has all that natural talent, but he's also past it at this stage, and Buendia still hasn't peaked.

I'm not comparing Buendia and Rodrygo by the way, but in terms of order of magnitude and age, it's rough going to compare like for like.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, picicata said:

Surely different types of players? Guendouzi is an aggressive, in your face type of player where as Lo Celso is more technical but easily bullied.

Oh Yes.......................................................................................................................oh No

churchill oh yes.jpg

churchill oh no.jpeg

Edited by TRO

On 14/05/2023 at 10:11, CVByrne said:

I do have a slight worry about our wage bill 4 top signings will add £25m to our annual wage bill. I think in the coming period over next 3 years profit on player trading will be very important to add additional income. While we grow our additional income streams 

I think the plan will be too get high earners off liek coutinho digne that will give us a lot more room with wages

• Like 1

I’d be happy with Lo Celso as a squad player but not a guaranteed starter. He can’t get in the Spuds side so he wouldn’t be the level above player I’d like to see us sign. 

If Emery wants a bigger squad then all for it and Lo Celso’s inclusion but as a starter it would be a bit of ‘meh’ signing IMHO. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I think the plan will be too get high earners off liek coutinho digne that will give us a lot more room with wages

Luckily we have Alemany coming in so should hopefully get some decent sales, and with Heck coming in our commercial revenue should hopefully increase giving us more wiggle room under FFP.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I thought that too but it seems we’re splashing the cash on our squad at the moment wages wise so perhaps with all these back room appointments we have something in the pipeline from a revenue perspective. 

In the past 18 months JJ, Luiz and Mings have all signed new deals and if rumours are true Watkins is imminently moving up to a 100k a week new deal.

Personally I’d be looking to move on Digne, Coutinho, Bailey and Donk if we got decent enough offers as they are all on high wages.

I know it hasn't worked out for him there but personally I think Spurs would be a better side currently with Lo Celso in it. They exclusively play with holding midfielders in the middle and are atrocious because of it. I'd trust Emery's judgement of a player over Spurs' ability to manage one.

• Like 3