Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Normally at this stage of the transfer I very much hope that we will make signings and most of all a big blockbuster signing. I still think we need a new back up GK, a RB and a winger/striker. But I fully trust Emery and it seems like he has built a tight knit group with a good vibe within the team and with players who can play in different positions. As much as one signing can come in and give the team a big boost and change the whole dynamic, I guess the opposite could happen as well, someone comes in and makes the dynamic and vibe worse. I'm also fully in line with bringing in fewer players and to take care of them better, bedding them in carefully. So for the first time in amny years, perhaps ever(!), I'd be satisfied if we don't bring in anyone more at this time.

Regarding the attacking positions we have raised the level with Diaby and Zaniolo. With Bailey hopefully finding form and Traore free from injury, together with Ramsey coming back, I'd be satisfied with them togheter with McGinn, Watkins and Duran, and now even Cash as our attacking options. We can review it in January. And perhaps save the money and go out and spend big on Nico Williams or someone of that ilk next year.  

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I’d be really surprised if Liverpool didn’t leak they are about to bid for our player near deadline to try to unsettle our preparations for the weekend game.  Play those psychological games even if it makes 1% different is all it needs in games.  They don’t even have to put a bid in, just unsettle one of our key players.

I hope it backfires and Doug turns into a hybrid of Xavi and Iniesta against them.

We beat the 3 - 0, they make a deadline day bid of 120 mill for him in the final hours of the window.

Followed up by a statement from Doug 3 minutes before the window shuts to say how happy he is here and isn't interested in leaving.

" I'm so happy at Aston Villa, Liverpool... not make me so happy "

23 minutes ago, John said:

Should be just about time for Felix to issue his "Come and get me" plea to UE. ;)

I wanted him because he's incredibly talented.

But the lad seems a oaf IMO. 

#1 of transfers, especially big ones...no dickheads.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I tell you one thing - I can't wait for the window to slam shut so I never have to read the words 'here we go' ever a-f'ing-gain from fabrizio or his gormless wannabes. 

I give it less than two weeks before the first January link appears.

Why are people even mentioning selling players of note?

if we were going to sell it would have been earlier than now. The club simply says it’s too late to replace them now and rejects in that scenario.

13 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

According to reports Chelsea paid his £250k a week wages for the loan. That's £75k more than our highest paid player allegedly. 

He is on £280k a week at AM according to reports. He was on £240k a year at Benfica. I can’t say I knew much of him prior to joining AM but that rise in salary is ridiculous at his age and given it’s a 7 year contract! 

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, WHY said:

He is on £280k a week at AM according to reports. He was on £240k a year at Benfica. I can’t say I knew much of him prior to joining AM but that rise in salary is ridiculous at his age and given it’s a 7 year contract! 

Wow !! Those numbers look like someone has had there pants pulled down