Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

100% changed around the time Gregg Evans and Ashley Preece moved on from covering Villa. Now started putting exclamations on the end of things and acting much more like a fan account than v neutral/fact based.

@wishywashy 

I've just had a glance down the feed and you're both right.

Shit like this...

Absolutely pointless and try hard. Please give me likes.

Real shame if the original person has sold it or something.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, eholm said:

I like your optimism and wished I shared it. Since those quotes we have signed Zanoilo and, as I’ve said, I’m sure we will be looking at a forward player once Archer is confirmed and also a defender RB/CB. It is the cost of these new additions where I differ to a few others on here. I reckon a £10M-£15M permanent signing and then a loan with buy option will see us done. 

Thanks and no problems… we will just have to wait and see won’t we?

Just hope we can have an enjoyable, entertaining and really successful season.

UTV

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Is it just me or has villareport become a much worse aggregator in the past few months? The style has changed (different person running the account?) and now stuff is being quoted from extremely dubious sources: El Nacional are absolute bullshitters, the Spanish Football Insider (honestly worse). It's a bit annoying because they used to be pretty much the only Villa news aggregator who didn't post any old crap from absolutely garbage sources for interactions.

The blue tick at fault

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Real shame if the original person has sold it or something.

It's likely still the original person. 

The main thing that has changed is that anyone with Twitter Blue that gets 5 million impressions (or more) per month get paid for tweeting. It is now in that persons benefit to spam anything and everything to generate impressions.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Probably Brennan Johnson, which would be a shame.

Rumour is Spurs and Chelsea are sniffing around him , spurs is probabaly more likely  

i think they are after Gonzalez from Fiorentina

18 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Rumour is Spurs and Chelsea are sniffing around him , spurs is probabaly more likely  

i think they are after Gonzalez from Fiorentina

Or it could be that the rumours are there to get Brentford to increase their offer. I don't think spurs or Chelsea are genuinely interested in Johnson. 

Edited by Made In Aston

1 hour ago, wishywashy said:

Is it just me or has villareport become a much worse aggregator in the past few months? The style has changed (different person running the account?) and now stuff is being quoted from extremely dubious sources: El Nacional are absolute bullshitters, the Spanish Football Insider (honestly worse). It's a bit annoying because they used to be pretty much the only Villa news aggregator who didn't post any old crap from absolutely garbage sources for interactions.

El Nacional is a rubbish source tbf - just another tabloid rag with no idea.

3 hours ago, burchy said:

How are we looking with regards to HG players though?

If we include Mings, we’ve got Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Chambers, Watkins, J Ramsey (is he still classed as an U21?)

Also it is not just about HG, but also about academy developed. Believe you need 4 players in the squad that were developed by us (in addition to at least 4 other HG players) .

Believe if the number of academy developed players is less than 4 results in a reduction of the squad size. 

So really the only one we have that likely get minutes is J Ramsey (and is why I am surprised we are looking to sell Archer and Bidace).

I am sure we will include a youth keeper in the squad. So with Ramsey and Keeper, we will need 2 more. 

T. IRO does not count I think, as he has not yet had 3 yrs in our academy. 

Does feel we are on a tightrope for both HG and Academy players. Someone also did point out that I think Traore counts as HG as he had 3 years at Chelsea in the right age range. 

Is why I could see Brennan Johnson, as I think we will need to prioritise some UK signings.

One solution is clearly to bring Jack back (jokes...)

(should say it is also a bit more complicated in that I think you name 2 squads, to paraphrase a senior and a junior squad. It may be we take a hit on the size of the senior squad noting we have youth that can be called up if required) 

Edited by andyb82
Clarification

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Please expound…

edit: oh, you don’t think we can afford to pay that much for a player?

I’m not so sure…

but I’d rather spend it on someone who can immediately impact and elevate the team rather than potential and someone who may be injury prone…

I know very little about Ansu Fati though…

and am only just beginning to find out about the bullshit spouting and drama created by the Spanish media…

If you dont know much about him i can tell you that he is more highly rated than ferran by the majority of their fans and has better stats too 

Marcos Alsonso makes a lot of sense to me. He has played a lot of time at CB last season. He played a lot as a wing back under Tuchel. Just seems like a good experienced player to bring in. Short deal, 2 years lets say. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Marcos Alsonso makes a lot of sense to me. He has played a lot of time at CB last season. He played a lot as a wing back under Tuchel. Just seems like a good experienced player to bring in. Short deal, 2 years lets say. 

He was the best finisher Chelsea had in the last 10 years and he played left back. 

30 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

11 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He was the best finisher Chelsea had in the last 10 years and he played left back. 

Only just found out about his car crash… a young woman in the same car died…

How did he get away with this?

A 500k settlement..

American sportsman did something similar and is still in prison I think…

He’s 32

Is this more Spanish media bullshit? Only just finding out about that now too…

Have to say, none of the LB links have been all that inspiring… would rather keep Digne for now and review this later…

Identify a younger, more promising player with high potential and quality…

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lexicon said:

El Nacional is a rubbish source tbf - just another tabloid rag with no idea.

Hoping it’s nonsense..

Can someone enlighten me about the Spanish sports media?

Worse than here? Make up BS and drama?