Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Tyler Adams headed to Chelsea's bench...  lol.  Can't see him playing much ahead of Caiciedo and Ugarde.  

I've heard he is an all action type of player, but surely playing for both Chelsea and PSG would be strenuous?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've heard he is an all action type of player, but surely playing for both Chelsea and PSG would be strenuous?

I meant Ugochukwu...  Wrong fancy continental DM nobody on here heard of before this summer.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Don't know if its been mentioned in here but Spurs are looking to sell Djed Spence after signing him last year for 20m. I'd take him for sure.

Wasn't he Matty Cash's replacement at Forest? Sure people were saying we should have just signed him instead of Cash not long after we completed Cash deal.

Did he play last season for them? Bit of a strange one for them to be selling him after such a short time, rings alarm bells.

42 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Don't know if its been mentioned in here but Spurs are looking to sell Djed Spence after signing him last year for 20m. I'd take him for sure.

Offer a tenner and a packet of crisps.

• Haha 1

I fully acknowledge the ridiculous, emoji worthy idiocy of what I am about to say, but Andy Bernstein on his Talk Sport show this afternoon was saying that United are looking for another "well known striker" this window, in addition to Hojlund.

He said he couldn't name the player, but showed Darren Bent, his co-host, what he had written down and Bent couldn't believe it. I hope I am wrong and almost certainly am, but stranger things have happened. Couldn't be Ollie, could it?

3 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I fully acknowledge the ridiculous, emoji worthy idiocy of what I am about to say, but Andy Bernstein on his Talk Sport show this afternoon was saying that United are looking for another "well known striker" this window, in addition to Hojlund.

He said he couldn't name the player, but showed Darren Bent, his co-host, what he had written down and Bent couldn't believe it. I hope I am wrong and almost certainly am, but stranger things have happened. Couldn't be Ollie, could it?

I had the same thought 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

He filling in for Goldstein was he?

• Like 1

Watkins leaving would be a huge blow, no doubt, but I do think the club would use it as an opportunity to try and go out and find somebody else with the huge influx in cash it would bring. 

I'm not saying we should sell Watkins, far from it, I'd just find it interesting to see what we'd do as a club. 

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Priority is another attacker for me. Someone who can play predominatly on the wing or a SS. Preferably they could fill in for ollie when needed.

We have diaby, bailey, traore. Bailey and traore are nowhere near good enough.

We play 2 up top most of the time and yeah we could do with a backup striker but for that second role or for Watkins' backup we have:

Diaby, Bailey, Buendia, Traore, Philogene, Archer and Duran.

Nobody joins unless atleast 2 leave imo

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Watkins leaving would be a huge blow, no doubt, but I do think the club would use it as an opportunity to try and go out and find somebody else with the huge influx in cash it would bring. 

I'm not saying we should sell Watkins, far from it, I'd just find it interesting to see what we'd do as a club. 

It's Talksport. Don't panic.

Their transfer guru Alex Crook broke the exclusive news a few weeks ago we were in advanced talks and about to sign Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Goldstein himself, the cockney Utd fan, can't go more than 3 minutes on his show without mentioning Utd. For asupposed fan, his knowledge of his own club is embarrassingly poor.

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We would have to reinvest and we would get a big fee if he did go, but it would be a massive blow for all sorts of reasons, not least the fact our successful system has been developed over some time with him as the focal point, so any new addition would also need time.

A move like this makes sense for United, pushing a rival down and killing their momentum, while making them a lot stronger up front where they have been lacking in recent seasons. Probably is me catastrophising, but this would be the dose of Villa reality we've all been missing!

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

If Utd could afford £70m for Hojlund and probably similar for Ollie then they'd surely have just gone for Kane?  Bent was probably surprised because it was someone shit like Weghorst.

It probably said 'act really shocked'. 

It's Talksport lol. 

• Like 2