Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Interesting take from what looks like a well respected journalist.

I trust Emery more than this Sam Tighe chap.. plus I'm sure we've targeted Torres, not because he is the biggest priority but rather because we needed to get him nailed down before some CL clubs started sniffing around..

I imagine Emery wants us to be a tactically a very flexible side.. and Torres is one of the pieces of the puzzle to get to that aim. 

11 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

And Kamara, Ramsey and Mcginn for £2.5m . 

Just wait...  Someone will still complain about how we don't sign/flip players for nothing like Brighton does.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, catanzaro said:

I trust Emery more than this Sam Tighe chap.. plus I'm sure we've targeted Torres, not because he is the biggest priority but rather because we needed to get him nailed down before some CL clubs started sniffing around..

I imagine Emery wants us to be a tactically a very flexible side.. and Torres is one of the pieces of the puzzle to get to that aim. 

Everyone would.

He himself would say Emery obviously is the man, plus he's got it in his head what the plan is next season.

They are very valid and clear concerns though. He is not a dominant CB and plays the same position as the guy we haven't been able to play without for 4 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Interesting take from what looks like a well respected journalist.

Good thing he isn't replacing Mings then. 

It still staggers me, despite what he did last season Unai is so underestimated by the football world. Like he wouldn't have a plan to deal with this. You don't spunk money away, pursue a player like this, and most importantly convince him to come here unless you'd perhaps had a bit of a think about how you would play him, and told him how he fits into the plans. It's mega lazy journalism. 

• Like 3

On 28/06/2023 at 10:45, jacketspuds said:

SSN reporting that Luton can't match Nakamba's wages so a loan is more likely.

Would be just our luck.

If Luton can't afford Nakamba, with a year left on his contract from a willing seller - they are screwed.

Maybe they'll just come up, get relegated with 4 points, and pocket a fortune for long term investment. Can't blame them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Torres as LCB, Mings as CB, Konsa as RCB.  Moreno basically plays as a left-winger.  If we're defending, Moreno drops to LB, and everyone else moves across with Konsa as RB.

It's a complete non-problem.

This makes a lot of sense to me.

But would probably require a much better RB than Cash to execute it properly.

this has been said since unai got here....maybe he's not top of our list of needs but when a player like this lands in your lap you take him and worry about the rest later, especially at the rumoured price

we've signed a genuine CL level player, probably only our 2nd or 3rd one since coming back up (boubs and martinez) you cant turn your nose up at it

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

this has been said since unai got here....maybe he's not top of our list of needs but when a player like this lands in your lap you take him and worry about the rest later, especially at the rumoured price

we've signed a genuine CL level player, probably only our 2nd or 3rd one since coming back up (boubs and martinez) you cant turn your nose up at it

Oh for sure. If you look at who has spent what so far, it's a very tidy piece of business. 

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Torres as LCB, Mings as CB, Konsa as RCB.  Moreno basically plays as a left-winger.  If we're defending, Moreno drops to LB, and everyone else moves across with Konsa as RB.

It's a complete non-problem.

That’s exactly what I think will happen. 

7 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

This makes a lot of sense to me.

But would probably require a much better RB than Cash to execute it properly.

In the that set up we wouldn’t have Cash. 

It’s basically 3 at the back in possession with Konsa RB out of possession. 

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

That'd make sense, but it would require a right midfielder further up the field to be more attacking and more wide. Don't currently have that player, in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Which isn't what we want really.

On 22/05/2021 at 16:51, useless said:

That Brennan Johnson looks a decent player, only nineteen, thirteen goals and thirteen assists this season.

Percy saying he's under consideration, interestinlgy he says the next focus will be adding 'wingers', so maybe we want a couple.

• Like 1