Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Time to give up on that Williams.

Doesn't want to leave Spain clearly 

Doesn’t want to leave the Basque Country, there lies the difference.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i know many wanted ESR, but watching him in this u21 game versus Germany, he is lazy AF.

He can't be particularly motivated tbf. To still be playing in the U21s when he's had almost 100 games for Arsenal and was first choice for a while, it's probably difficult to take. His career has hit a bit of a crossroads, so it's probably a bit difficult for him at the moment. 

14 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He can't be particularly motivated tbf. To still be playing in the U21s when he's had almost 100 games for Arsenal and was first choice for a while, it's probably difficult to take. His career has hit a bit of a crossroads, so it's probably a bit difficult for him at the moment. 

He's on a huuuge contract because of us as well. Enjoying it away from the pitch I'm sure.

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's on a huuuge contract because of us as well. Enjoying it away from the pitch I'm sure.

I believe he got very ill last season and ballooned as a result of meds. Still fighting his way back to full fitness and faces an uphill battle to break into the Arsenal team. 

59 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Doesn’t want to leave the Basque Country, there lies the difference.

I would wear one for him every Saturday night if that would help

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, RicRic said:

How on earth has he still got so much time left on his contract 😂 what kind of death row records deal did he get to start with lol

He signed in Jan 2021 although it seems longer! 4 and a half year deal for guy in his mid 20s and with good reputation isn't that bizarre (we gave Marv a five year deal when he signed) but it quickly becomes a drain when Sanson can't break into the side under a couple of different managers.

• Like 1

Not too sure what this means, but it's a change in his status.

Could Famalicao have turned down that £7m if they wanted? They may have (correctly) thought 40% of a sale to another club is worth more.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Not too sure what this means, but it's a change in his status.

Could Famalicao have turned down that £7m if they wanted? They may have (correctly) thought 40% of a sale to another club is worth more.

Damn right! I saw 60m for him from some outlets I’d be wanting at least 20m from them 

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Damn right! I saw 60m for him from some outlets I’d be wanting at least 20m from them 

Yeah I don't know what the rules are with splitting player ownership up.

Sporting have just paid £7m for £24m worth of player.

10 hours ago, useless said:

Just two more days left of this eternal never ending June, then when July 1st finally hits, signings galore for first team, academy, and women team, new loan teams for some of the youngsters, new scholars announced, new clubs for released players, transfers out, some interest in who Vitoria sign, pre-season friendlies, the Women's World Cup.

And days getting shorter too 👻🛌 🥛🌌🐈‍⬛  🚀

Edited by useless

Listening to this podcast with Dan Bardell today talking about the Villa. Good listen, talks about a lot of different Villa related stuff.  One thing I found interesting is that Dan says one of his trusted sources told him that Tammy Abraham was all but signed to come back to Villa this summer before he did his ACL in the last game of the season and we've had to go back to the drawing board for another option.  

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i know many wanted ESR, but watching him in this u21 game versus Germany, he is lazy AF.

Two years ago he was a very exciting prospect but loads of injuries stalled that momentum.

Needs to go to a Palace or Fulham and play 30 + games to get going. There is talent there but he's lost his chance at Arsenal to break through unless he's just content being a squad player.

6 hours ago, KMitch said:

Never a realistic signing for us... He's one of the top prospects in Europe right now.  It's like moaning about us "not going for" Julian Alvarez before Man City when he never was interested in the first place.  Need Champions League footy before we can start convincing a lot of these players to come to us.  

But going to Chelsea makes no sense. They have 600 players and they're not even in Europe this season, and they're run by a mentalist.

I'm sure we could get him if he is willing to gi there.

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

Listening to this podcast with Dan Bardell today talking about the Villa. Good listen, talks about a lot of different Villa related stuff.  One thing I found interesting is that Dan says one of his trusted sources told him that Tammy Abraham was all but signed to come back to Villa this summer before he did his ACL in the last game of the season and we've had to go back to the drawing board for another option.  

£200m war chest, you say? That can’t be true..

9 hours ago, KMitch said:

One of his trusted sources was a tweet from an Italian journo a few weeks back. Word by word what he said

• Like 1