Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I don’t know, maybe a welfare thing, everyone in football seems to decamp on holiday for the same couple of weeks, like factory fortnight. Maybe it’s to allow for players and staff to have an uninterrupted break, or maybe some financial accounting reason, not sure.

I am confused by MacAllister signing for Liverpool before the window opens, he’s not a free agent. I get it suits all parties but not sure under what circumstances that can happen. 
Also didn’t realise that the international window didn’t open until July 1st so overseas players can’t be brought in before then.

Also strange that it carries on after the start of the season. 

See above

They can sign him but they can't transfer his registration so he can't play for them until the window opens

Thinking about it Chelsea have also signed that Ecuadorian 16 year old, they can sign him now but they can't transfer his registration until he's 18 so he can't play for them for 2 years

On 07/06/2023 at 12:35, QldVilla said:

Maybe you should reread my posts, I said there were numerous reasons, one being the lack of money for transfers.

Which had nothing to do with it. He spent in January on HIS targets and we got worse, as we have done every time he's bought players pretty much. 

7 hours ago, KMitch said:

As an American, I want none of the Leeds yanks.   

• Adams - Works hard, has a good character, but is a Championship level footballer. 
  • Aaronson - Works hard, has a lot of flash, but is only a good enough starter for a club in the bottom half of the table. 
  • McKennie - Lazy, has a terrible entourage of friends/family/hangers on who regularly trash his club/teammates on social media, more talent than the other two when things go well at the club.

I saw some of the stuff going on on Twitter with McKennie's 'friend'. Ugh, who needs that.

I remember another American who was at Villa on loan for 6 months who always seemed a model pro and looked really solid at international level... Unfortunately the impression he left at VP was that "I forgot he even played for us" mantra...

Michael Bradley - Massive shame as I thought he was made for the PL.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I remember another American who was at Villa on loan for 6 months who always seemed a model pro and looked really solid at international level... Unfortunately the impression he left at VP was that "I forgot he even played for us" mantra...

Michael Bradley - Massive shame as I thought he was made for the PL.

Yeah I thought he was gonna be good for us.

7 hours ago, est1874 said:

Genuine question. What is the actual legal justification or purpose for the transfer window?

Like why is it not allowed for a club to sign a player on June 12th, but June 13th is fine? What's the logic there? Genuinely curious, I don't get it.

I understand during playing season it gives big clubs an unfair advantage, but wtf does it matter once the league season is over?

The season isn't over?

Thought Tyler Adams was superb in his role off the pitch at the World Cup. Really mature and smart for someone his age in those press conferences. Don’t really know what level he’s at as a player though.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, est1874 said:

Genuine question. What is the actual legal justification or purpose for the transfer window?

Like why is it not allowed for a club to sign a player on June 12th, but June 13th is fine? What's the logic there? Genuinely curious, I don't get it.

I understand during playing season it gives big clubs an unfair advantage, but wtf does it matter once the league season is over?

direct from: https://www.premierleague.com/news/60258

image.png.c145d28ff669e4821ea11215261cc7bd.png

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I don’t know, maybe a welfare thing, everyone in football seems to decamp on holiday for the same couple of weeks, like factory fortnight. Maybe it’s to allow for players and staff to have an uninterrupted break, or maybe some financial accounting reason, not sure.

I am confused by MacAllister signing for Liverpool before the window opens, he’s not a free agent. I get it suits all parties but not sure under what circumstances that can happen. 
Also didn’t realise that the international window didn’t open until July 1st so overseas players can’t be brought in before then.

Also strange that it carries on after the start of the season. 

Emery doesn't take breaks. He'll be at Bodymoor tomorrow night trying to figure out if we could have got 16 throw ins instead of 15 against Brighton. Some say he's not slept in 13 years, and that he puts lemon juice in his eyes to keep sharp. He may have been sent back from a dystopian Birmingham in the year 2050, when mankind is in a pitched battle against a robot uprising that has built a base below Spaghetti Junction.  

53 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Emery doesn't take breaks. He'll be at Bodymoor tomorrow night trying to figure out if we could have got 16 throw ins instead of 15 against Brighton. Some say he's not slept in 13 years, and that he puts lemon juice in his eyes to keep sharp. He may have been sent back from a dystopian Birmingham in the year 2050, when mankind is in a pitched battle against a robot uprising that has built a base below Spaghetti Junction.  

If St Andrews has been reduced to rubble by then it won’t be totally dystopian.🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

image.jpeg.3b6089fc5a7f5057bacde14297e98b4e.jpeg NOTTOONINGHAM FOREST on Twitter: "#NFFC 🔴⚪️🔴 With Coopers Job Secure,  Focus Turns To Villa (a) Side Note:Has Anyone Seen Dracula & Unai Emery  In The Same Room⁉️ https://t.co/7Bro8qXLYc" / Twitter Sleep is for losers. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Comes into thread to see who we are linked to, reads the last two pages…

5345FC16-1A9F-4A56-B2D6-A80F6767CC88.gif.52a2aed889a7cb12def625e6443361d3.gif

Edited by jim

Luiz Henrique ‘linked’ again. The same names do seem to do the rounds a fair bit. Williams, Felix, Henrique, Lo Celso. Surely we’ll end up signing one of them??

Odd we haven’t been linked to Guendouzi yet. I’m close to bringing out the meme @Steero113

• Haha 1