Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Find it absolutely amazing that Prowse is viewed on here as a utility or squad player.  😂 He’s exactly what Emery loves. Great technical ability, keeps possession and scores goals.

He would be an upgrade on what Villa currently have in midfield!

Had a few 🍺

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, striker said:

Find it absolutely amazing that Prowse is viewed on here as a utility or squad player.  😂 He’s exactly what Emery loves. Great technical ability, keeps possession and scores goals.

He's not better than Luiz or Kamara.  I wouldn't drop McGinn for him either at the moment.  We're linked with much better players than him (for less money) for the JJ / Buendia role.  I also think that with Luiz / Kamara / McGinn - we need someone who is better at running with the ball at feet or being the creative link to the forwards.  JWP is not that player.

Edited by allani
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, striker said:

He would be fighting it out with Dendoncker to be fourth choice centre midfielder

Would take Carlos Alcaraz from Southampton at right price.  Technically very good, can finish and hit a free kick, be a good squad player to get in. 
Pretty sure he won’t be staying there with relegation so all comes down to price 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, macandally said:

Would take Carlos Alcaraz from Southampton at right price.  Technically very good, can finish and hit a free kick, be a good squad player to get in. 
Pretty sure he won’t be staying there with relegation so all comes down to price 

Think they only paid around £10m for him, they have some talented players but basically they signed to many young inexperienced players at once.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, striker said:

He'd be a good squad player but no way he starts over Luiz or Kamara who are superior.

Maybe he'd be getting in higher up the pitch but we're being linked with far better so are clearly aiming higher than Ward Prowse. If he was available for £20m he'd be a decent bench option.

Ashley Preece seems pretty convinced Guendouzi will be the first through the door, not that his word counts for much.

What is Emery’s preferred formation? - are we playing how we do because of personnel and given the funds that might change?

16 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I’ve heard itk Doris the tea lady is on the way out…. Allegedly. 

who's coming in? "Mavis the coffee Lady".....good upgrade, IMO.

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Think they only paid around £10m for him, they have some talented players but basically they signed to many young inexperienced players at once.

They've obviously never played footie manager as i used to try that over and over again to no avail

6 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

They've obviously never played footie manager as i used to try that over and over again to no avail

I think that’s exactly what they and chelsea have done, sign players from the FM database that’s why I cringe when I see names like Otavio ,Goncalves and Inacio thrown about.

• Thanks 1

I said this in the Relegation thread but the disrespect JWP gets on here is unreal...  You'd think he's Hourihane 2.0 with a better free kick but a worse footballer by some.

JWP has consistently put up solid numbers for a team that was slowly getting asset stripped over the last 5 years.  I honestly could see him being very good for Man United alongside Casemero in the role Eriksen is playing for them, at West Ham alongside Declan Rice, or at Liverpool if they sign a quality DM.  He would honestly thrive in Douglas Luiz's spot at Villa under Emery's system.  He's going to end up having a great season next year no matter where he ends up.  I really don't see him coming to Villa, but if Emery did end up wanting him at the club I think he'd do well for us.