Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

44 minutes ago, bobzy said:

West Ham aren't safe at all - especially if they lose against Leeds.

They need a result against Brentford today.

they pretty much are, Leeds need a goal difference miracle and Leicester need to win all 3 games including beating both Liverpool and Newcastle

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, bobzy said:

West Ham aren't safe at all - especially if they lose against Leeds.

They need a result against Brentford today.

Of course they are safe.

Currently 2 nil down.

37 minutes ago, Zatman said:

they pretty much are, Leeds need a goal difference miracle and Leicester need to win all 3 games including beating both Liverpool and Newcastle

I agree they "pretty much" are, but they aren't actually safe.  I doubt 3 teams will pass them but if they lose all their remaining games (Brentford, Leeds and Leicester) then it is possible.  Granted, it needs Leeds to absolutely batter them.

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

I agree they "pretty much" are, but they aren't actually safe.  I doubt 3 teams will pass them but if they lose all their remaining games (Brentford, Leeds and Leicester) then it is possible.  Granted, it needs Leeds to absolutely batter them.

About as likely as us to finish above Brighton on GD really.

Cant see forest getting any more points so i think they are in trouble.

Can see leeds beating west ham weekend and Everton winning final day 

So im going for leicester forest and Southampton for drop

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

That will make for the most disappointing day since this time last year!

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Cant see forest getting any more points so i think they are in trouble.

Can see leeds beating west ham weekend and Everton winning final day 

Can see Forest getting a point away at Palace, possibly 3 if they're turning up needing to win (and they could get something against Arsenal if their "heads have gone").  Let's say they get 1 point though.  Hard to see Leicester getting more than 3 points IMO.

Leeds have a couple of on-paper tricky games.  West Ham technically still need a point to be safe and Spurs will be battling for a European position.  Maybe Leeds get a win.  3 points.  Everton in a decent position playing against teams who have nothing at all to play for, other than just professional pride.  4 points here.

16.  Everton (36 points)
17.  Forest (35 points)
18.  Leeds (34 points)
19.  Leicester (33 points)
20.  Southampton (lose both games, end on 24 points)

This is my prediction.

Everton and Leeds would be my dream scenario. 

Unfortunately I don’t think either will drop and Leicester and Forest are the 2 to go. 

38 minutes ago, av1 said:

Everton and Leeds would be my dream scenario. 

Unfortunately I don’t think either will drop and Leicester and Forest are the 2 to go. 

Thats how i want and unfortunately see it

17 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

any sort of result for leicester tonight makes things very interesting

Would also nearly guarantee Liverpool cant get top 4 which be interesting for us on Saturday

15 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

After watching the championship playoffs I would think all 3 relegated sides should be odds on to come straight back up. The gap between the Premier League and EFL is huge.

Next season though i think there is going to be some championship sides better than bottom PL teams if the lokea of leicester leeds or Everton go

16 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

After watching the championship playoffs I would think all 3 relegated sides should be odds on to come straight back up. The gap between the Premier League and EFL is huge.

Playoffs are a bit weird though. You wouldn’t have watched our games vs West Brom and subsequent final against Derby and thought “Villa look good”. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Playoffs are a bit weird though. You wouldn’t have watched our games vs West Brom and subsequent final against Derby and thought “Villa look good”. 

True, though to be fair we came about as close as it's possible to get to being relegated the following season. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

True, though to be fair we came about as close as it's possible to get to being relegated the following season. 

Also true. But Burnley and Sheff Utd have been far more dominant in the Championship than Fulham and Bournemouth were, and they’ve both comfortably (in the end) stayed up. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Burnley over 100 points, they will be okay. Especially with Kompany at the helm. The winners of the playoffs will struggle to stay up depending on how they get on in the transfer market.