Pre Match Thread

maqroll

3 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

We must pray we don’t get any serious injuries between now and the end of the season. McGinn, Diego Carlos and Traoré coming back help us, but then we’re falling back on youth players.

I remember a far worse bench under Smith 

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

Moreno didn't earn his place, he got into the starting eleven through injury. Digne has returned so he gets his spot back and it's now on Digne to play well enough to keep it. 

Not sure how a player earns their place if it doesn't count when they replace an injured player. 

Why 2 keepers? Because the 7 players we have will get on the pitch before Kadan Young. Therefore the only reason we'd sub young on is if Duran or Coutinho got hurt after being subbed on. Whereas if Olsen got hurt/sent off after being subbed on we'd definitely need a keeper. Whereas we could change formation in the event that Duran or Coutinho needed to come off. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh, you could be right. I like Cash though. He’s a good player still. Young has just been superb this season. 

Yes I don’t mind him either , depending on how the game goes he might come on for a bit of extra stability later on. 

• Like 1

People moaning about 2 keepers. F*** me, who cares. There’s still 5 other outfield players on the bench we can bring on. It’s not like we’re low on options by having 2 keepers on the bench. I don’t even think teams should be allowed 7 subs tbh. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

People moaning about 2 keepers. F*** me, who cares. There’s still 5 other outfield players on the bench we can bring on. It’s not like we’re low on options by having 2 keepers on the bench. I don’t even think teams should be allowed 7 subs tbh. 

Yep totally agree, number of subs these days is bonkers.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its a valid point why we have two keepers on the bench. Its odd

No it's not. Moreno is preferred to Kaden to replace Buendia. Mcginn and Cash to replace Ramsey. Coutinho and Duran to replace Bailey. Obviously Chambers, Dendoncker preferred to replace one of the CBs or Kamara or Luiz. 

Kadan would only get subbed on if one of those subs got hurt and we had no one else to replace. Even if they got sent off he probably wouldn't come on to replace we'd just change formation. Sinasalo comes on if Olsen gets hurt or sent off. And we'd need him to come on. Whereas with young we could just make a change in formation or tactics to compensate. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

We must pray we don’t get any serious injuries between now and the end of the season. McGinn, Diego Carlos and Traoré coming back help us, but then we’re falling back on youth players.

3 or 4 serious long term injuries to key players could mean the difference between 9th and 12th 😉

Seriously though I think it's a calculated risk that I lean towards the club being right, we had good depth before January and now we're down to it being OK

We might get a bit bumpy before the season is over but we'll see it through and ultimately come the end it won't mean that much, it won't be what stops us from getting 7th, Steven Gerrard having too many games is what will stop us from getting 7th

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

No it's not. Moreno is preferred to Kaden to replace Buendia. Mcginn and Cash to replace Ramsey. Coutinho and Duran to replace Bailey. Obviously Chambers, Dendoncker preferred to replace one of the CBs or Kamara or Luiz. 

Kadan would only get subbed on if one of those subs got hurt and we had no one else to replace. Even if they got sent off he probably wouldn't come on to replace we'd just change formation. Sinasalo comes on if Olsen gets hurt or sent off. And we'd need him to come on. Whereas with young we could just make a change in formation or tactics to compensate. 

And to be fair Sinisalo trains and probably travels with the first team to every match, therefore it’s a nice gesture to include him on the bench .

Just now, villa4europe said:

3 or 4 serious long term injuries to key players could mean the difference between 9th and 12th 😉

Seriously though I think it's a calculated risk that I lean towards the club being right, we had good depth before January and now we're down to it being OK

We might get a bit bumpy before the season is over but we'll see it through and ultimately come the end it won't mean that much, it won't be what stops us from getting 7th, Steven Gerrard having too many games is what will stop us from getting 7th

I mean even if we had better subs. 3/4 injuries to key players would already do that. Assuming Traore and Carlos get back before the 5th of March game. Then we'd be at zero injuries so 3/4 injuries would leave us still with 5 outfield players on the bench which is as many as we can use for subs. 

• Like 1

Leicester fans are over the moon that they are playing a 4-3-3 and happy with the personnel. 

They have gone full on all out attack here. 

Can see Kamara absolutely destroying Dewsbury-Hall in the middle of the park, they look extra light and we will overload that area. 

3-1. UTV 

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its a valid point why we have two keepers on the bench. Its odd

I agree it is odd. But we're in the position of watching an elite coach doing whatever he thinks is right, over the polar opposite which we've all become accustomed. 3 keepers on the bench this weekend? Sure thing.

In other news... I'm not the biggest fan of Digne but it looks a smart move to show he's still in Don Unai's plans.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

I agree it is odd. But we're in the position of watching an elite coach doing whatever he thinks is right, over the polar opposite which we've all become accustomed. 3 keepers on the bench this weekend? Sure thing.

In other news... I'm not the biggest fan of Digne but it looks a smart move to show he's still in Don Unai's plans.

Yeah I've got no problem with Digne playing or moreno being "dropped" bit of squad management, how it should be, Targett left because he didn't have a cat in hells chance of competing with Digne, it was a closed shop, emery knows better

And that's even before factoring in moreno having any kind of a slight knock

• Like 1