Pre Match Thread

maqroll

2 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

A win tomorrow would be huge. 6 from 8, 1 loss. Into the top half. Looking forward to it!

The plastics will still vote for Arteta to be manager of the month, unless Man City get their act to gether, then they'll vote Pep. Seriously, to put these votes to the fans is ridiculous as it's so weighted to the popular vote it's a joke.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

It’s just so obvious that Villa lose this game. Win a couple of games, raise expectations, then lose in the worst way possible. It’s the Villa way. 

(Hoping we move away from the Villa way to the Unai way!)

Then watch the wave of twitter fans blaming the lack of signings in tge window.

If Ings was playing we would have won etc

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sounds like duran might get some minutes tomorrow according to the bosses presser

I think there's more chance of him getting minutes if we're looking comfortable and ahead. There's no way Emery is going to put pressure on this young kid in his first game at a packed Villa Park. 

Really interesting to see how the team do today.. under the last bunch of managers we have always lost momentum with a two week breaks.. I am much more optimistic today, although the lucky socks are still going to be worn

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Thanks to Fulham last night a win guarantees us 10th spot.

Liverpool failing to would mean 9th.

Brentford also losing would mean 8th.

I'm getting a nose bleed just thinking about it!

2-0 Villa!

The turnaround under Emery has been absolutely remarkable. 

6 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Thanks to Fulham last night a win guarantees us 10th spot.

Liverpool failing to would mean 9th.

Brentford also losing would mean 8th.

I'm getting a nose bleed just thinking about it!

2-0 Villa!

Especially with so long left to go in the season. Plenty of reasons to be optimistic right now.

1 hour ago, catanzaro said:

Really interesting to see how the team do today.. under the last bunch of managers we have always lost momentum with a two week breaks.. I am much more optimistic today, although the lucky socks are still going to be worn

As long as we roll up our socks and put our boots on and give it a good go we will be fine

• Haha 2

I always worry about these kind of games.  It looks like it should be a comfortable home win, gets us into the top half of the table as well and at home.  Leicester have only 1 point in the last five games and minus 7 goal difference and we are in a good run of form.

Hopefully we don’t do the usual Villa thing and that Emery gets us a win we are all hopeful for.  I’m optimistic but have a nagging feeling.

• Like 2