Pre Match Thread

maqroll

16 minutes ago, ender4 said:

What are Leicester’s new signings like?

I think they signed 3 new players didn’t they.

Decent.

Tete (RW) if he plays, looks like he could be dangerous up against Digne or Moreno.  Harry Souttar (CB) is a smart addition from Stoke as he'll give them a bit more height and muscle at the back.  Not sure about the full back from Copenhagen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I always worry about these kind of games.  It looks like it should be a comfortable home win, gets us into the top half of the table as well and at home.  Leicester have only 1 point in the last five games and minus 7 goal difference and we are in a good run of form.

Hopefully we don’t do the usual Villa thing and that Emery gets us a win we are all hopeful for.  I’m optimistic but have a nagging feeling.

We have to be competitive, first to the ball, and suffocate them.......If we stand off and let them take the initiative, it could be tricky....We need to compete, like Fulham last night, but add our guile.

There was enough, in the Wolves and Leeds game, for us to be dubious, and a need to improve......The form so far has been stupendous, but we have to find consistency and that means being " at it" again.

No easy games, in this league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Decent.

Tete (RW) if he plays, looks like he could be dangerous up against Digne or Moreno.  Harry Souttar (CB) is a smart addition from Stoke as he'll give them a bit more height and muscle at the back.  Not sure about the full back from Copenhagen.

I was hoping we were looking at Tete as he looks good. He’ll give them something against our left hand side, regardless who plays. Our LM and CM will need to offer support. 

I’m going for a narrow 2:1 win

2 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

Thanks to Fulham last night a win guarantees us 10th spot.

Liverpool failing to would mean 9th.

Brentford also losing would mean 8th.

I'm getting a nose bleed just thinking about it!

2-0 Villa!

OK, that's confirmed it for me. We're going to bollocks it up. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, catanzaro said:

Really interesting to see how the team do today.. under the last bunch of managers we have always lost momentum with a two week breaks.. I am much more optimistic today, although the lucky socks are still going to be worn

We are a lot more tactically sound and less reliant on momentum I think. So fingers crossed. 

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

What are Leicester’s new signings like?

I think they signed 3 new players didn’t they.

Don't know much about Kristensen and he league season finished in November so unlikely to start with just one sub cameo in FA cup.

Harry Souttar had a pretty good world cup and has similar profile to Nathan Collins so think he'll do well for them in long run and stop them conceding so much from set plays.

Tete getting massively hyped on their forum but no idea about him.

Crucial thing for me is keeping a clean sheet. I think we’ll score, so a clean sheet means a win. Otherwise, 1-1 draw. Hopefully Dougie and Boubs will protect the back four and we’ll keep it tidy.

2 hours ago, Pongo's Socks said:

They always feel like a bogey team to me, doesn't help that my in laws are Leicester, seems they've usually got the bragging rights

Only the fact we have beaten them a few times. Bournemouth are more of a bogey team for us

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Can't believe this is the first 3o'clock Saturday fixture at VP this season. How the game has  changed. Still, I'm hoping we can continue the good form and put a few past these today. 

Come on me Babbys!

The main reason I can’t get a ST, I just can’t do the weird days and times. 

• Like 2

We need to be at them from the first whistle. They’re not a confident side so we need to unsettle them early and not let them into the game. Tielemans and Barnes will become more and more problematic if we don’t present a threat of our own.

I want to see us get between the lines a bit more, create space for our creative players. They’re lightweight in the middle of the pitch so we need to control the tempo. Above all, I want to see a classic home performance - rather than is playing counter football at VP.