Pre Match Thread

maqroll

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

I don't think that's a shock now tbh, young is 1st choice 

yeah i dont think its a shock either, but i did wonder if maybe Cash wasnt fully fit after the WC or something so i wasnt 100% sure it was clear Young is preferred.

I do think it seems clear now tho, which is fine by me, i dont think Cash suits Emery's style tbh.

Think we can get at their back line. They have some good players but they’ve been poor this season. That said, I fully expect us to draw or lose! A win here feels like we’d go into the next two games almost with them as a free hit. 

UTV. 

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

it’s smart starting Dinge . Moreno still isn’t fully up to speed it gives him an opportunity to adapt. I’m certain we’ll see him come on in the second half.Also good man management not freezing Dinge out just because we bought a new lb, Target was straight out for the fancy new toy under Gerrard.

Yeh, agree with this. 

7 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Pat Murphy on 5Live: "Strong bench with Cash, McGinn & Coutinho..."

VillaTalk: "2 keepers FFS - he doesn't know what he's doing‼"

Its a valid point why we have two keepers on the bench. Its odd

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Moreno dropped, interesting. 

Moreno didn't earn his place, he got into the starting eleven through injury. Digne has returned so he gets his spot back and it's now on Digne to play well enough to keep it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The reason Cash is on the bench is because Young is the better player. Simple as that really. 

I Don’t think he can trust him tactically to step into that back 3 in possession .

• Like 1