Moussa Dembélé

Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Agreed. In fact I'd say it's a fairly sizeable downgrade and would make absolutely zero sense.

If it were to happen of course, which we don't yet know.

Its completely apples and pears, no? Very, very different players. One does not fit our style of play under Emery, the other is much more likely to. "Sizeable downgrade" and "absolutely zero sense" is just hyperbole, it really is. IF we get him (big if), it will because Emery thinks he fits and is good enough. Transfers are 100% Emery's decision.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Is that good or bad?

Great. Watkins is at 0.45, Ings at 0.58, Harry Kane at 0.66, Jesus at 0.79. 

In Ligue 1 Messi is at 0.87, Neymar at 0.9, Jonathan David 0.6, Lacazette 0.64 (though this is expected goals and not actual so if a player over performs or underperformed their xG this isn't super accurate Moffi for isnatnce is at 0.66 in terms of actual goals and expected assists but 0.4 if we go by expected goals). Dembele performs at his expected level. 

3 minutes ago, Hughes said:

Its completely apples and pears, no? Very, very different players. One does not fit our style of play under Emery, the other is much more likely to. "Sizeable downgrade" and "absolutely zero sense" is just hyperbole, it really is. IF we get him (big if), it will because Emery thinks he fits and is good enough. Transfers are 100% Emery's decision.  

It's not hyperbole as I think he is a poor player and wouldn't score the number of goals Ings does. Therefore a downgrade. A big one. I'd rather recall Archer.

Edited by GlobalVillan

26 minutes ago, duke313 said:
Lucas Digne fr FRA DF 29 £ 160,000 (€ 181,166, $192,482) £ 8,320,000 (€ 9,420,655, $10,009,038)

It's £160k and $192k which is verified on fbref.

Aston Villa Wage Details, All Competitions | FBref.com

🤣🤣

You know there are like a load of different websites with wildly different salaries. None of them have a clue. It's "verified" though 😂

Aston Villa 2023 Wages | Player & Team totals (salarysport.com)

I believe the reports from the details of the Coutinho deal and I believe the reports that he took the salary cut to 125k because it was the max the club offered to any player in its wage structure.

There was a leak then which was discussed about Digne's salary and quotes in US Dollars of $159,000 which was discussed by Villa fan on Off The Ball AM.

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Need to hope Watkins gets and stays fit ASAP and finds some goalscoring form as the above options won't cut it in the Premier League. Davis couldn't score in the Championship and Dembele is nowhere near Prem standard. Same for Wesley.

Really hope this is smoke and mirrors and we have a quality striker coming in.

We won't get anyone better than Dembele in January, it's a sellers' market and quality strikers are not plentiful. 

16 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Unfortunately, Digne is on £160,000 a week mate. 

Not unfortunately for everyone...;) image.jpeg.bbb8f7a72b6d32972d4799d0bd03c268.jpeg Actually it is about the going rate for a French international who was established in the PL (imo). 

I just can't understand why they would be willing to let him go for peanuts.

If he was holding them over a barrel for high wages then surely they would just keep him and let him go for free?

My big worry is he is their Coutinho.

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

If he was holding them over a barrel for high wages then surely they would just keep him and let him go for free?

A fee now in January or nothing in the summer.  Tough choice.

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Nobody knows what Digne is earning. How are we still debating this? 

Because it's written on some website.  And there are many many people who believe if something is written on a website, it must be true.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I get what you say about Couthino but he is alot younger and hasn’t been off the pace for 2-3 years.  Plus Couthino costs probably 10m more than he will and given signing on bonuses and wages, Couthino would probably be on at least 3 times as much a year.  Couthino was on 400k a week or something at Barca

Just now, The_Steve said:

I imagine it’s going to be say €5m euros on a two/three year deal, if we do sign him. We will still sign another striker in the summer, I’m confident. 

If we sign Dembele and also sign another striker in the summer then we would have signed 3 strikers in 6 months, with Ollie already in the side. That's not happening.

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

If we sign Dembele and also sign another striker in the summer then we would have signed 3 strikers in 6 months, with Ollie already in the side. That's not happening.

Unai plays with very clear systems. We are selling one striker and replacing it with the other. Neither Ollie nor Jhon are traditional strikers, we will need players to run the channels and be in the box - it leaves questions about Archer but we shall see. I just don’t see Ollie being a long term option for us as the main striker. Unai is clearly prepared to chop and will make the changes he needs. 

Â