Moussa Dembélé

Delphinho123

Article says only 14 appearances and 2 goals this season. Tbf most of our players won’t have played much more than 14 times but maybe Lyon don’t get knocked out of every cup at pretty much the first hurdle.

He would be the experienced back up striker Emery alluded to.

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If Emery is keen on him and we get him for as little as £3m and wages less than Ings was on it's a fantastic piece of business. 

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I would hope we’d be paying him less than the £120k / week we were paying Ings.

I guess when there’s a minimal fee involved it’s not as big a deal other than it potentially pushing up wages of other players we’re trying to sign.

I’m guessing his wages are likely to be at least the same as Ings given he’s almost on a free.  He’s apparently on €82k per week at Lyon.

Edited by nick76

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

More worried about his wages than the fee.

I'm sure the club have stuck to the wage structure of £125k being the most paid. Coutinho is in that Digne and Ings were close on £120k. I assume Kamara is on something similar. 

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

Article says only 14 appearances and 2 goals this season. Tbf most of our players won’t have played much more than 14 times but maybe Lyon don’t get knocked out of every cup at pretty much the first hurdle.

He would be the experienced back up striker Emery alluded to.

He's only played 600 minutes though. His expected stats per 90 over the last year is 0.8 xG+A per 90 and is performing right at that. Even with him coming off the bench this season. The season before 0.87. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

He's only played 600 minutes though. His expected stats per 90 over the last year is 0.8 xG+A per 90 and is performing right at that. Even with him coming off the bench this season. The season before 0.87. 

Is that good or bad?

3 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Seems pointless selling Ings then buying Dembele IMO. 

Depends on fee and wages I suppose. He’s a few years younger so if we pay significantly less than we got for Ings and he’s on lower or at worst similar wages then it won’t be so bad.

18 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'm sure the club have stuck to the wage structure of £125k being the most paid. Coutinho is in that Digne and Ings were close on £120k. I assume Kamara is on something similar. 

Digne is on £160k and Kamara is on £150k. Dembele will want what Ings was on at least.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

On Dembele I'm not sure is he an upgrade on Ings?

Presumably he is quicker, stronger....what else?

Don't think I have EVER seen him play!

He was really impressive at Celtic.

But then so was Odsonne Edouard, so he'll probably be shit for us.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Seems pointless selling Ings then buying Dembele IMO. 

It probably weakens our squad in the short term.

But it's not pointless if it gives us £12m or so profit for a player who is 4 years younger - especially if that allows us more flexibility to get a key target for the first XI. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

He's younger, better in the air and probably faster. Emery is a fan apparently. So will probably be better suited to the style of play.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Digne is on £160k and Kamara is on £150k. Dembele will want what Ings was on at least.

I hate this complete bs. The Digne one especially because IT WAS IN US DOLLARS. $160k is/was £120-125k back when this story about his salary came out.

Will we quote players salary in Japanese Yen? We'll get big numbers then. 

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I hate this complete bs. The Digne one especially because IT WAS IN US DOLLARS. $160k is/was £120-125k back when this story about his salary came out.

Lucas Digne fr FRA DF 29 £ 160,000 (€ 181,166, $192,482) £ 8,320,000 (€ 9,420,655, $10,009,038)

It's £160k and $192k which is verified on fbref.

Aston Villa Wage Details, All Competitions | FBref.com

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Unfortunately, Digne is on £160,000 a week mate. 

kind of fits the Emery mold i guess.

quick, decent finisher, fairly strong, fairly technical and comfortable on the ball.

21 in 30 games last season, but when you equate it to minutes played (2210 minutes), thats a goal every 105 minutes, so a goal every 1.17 games.

During his time at Lyon he has 55 goals in 120 games, but again, thats actually in 7682 minutes, so a goal every 137.8 minutes, so a goal every 1.55 games, on average, over his 4-5 years with Lyon.

obviously wouldnt manage that goal record in the PL, but he does look the type of player profile Emery likes up front, in terms of skills, speed, strength etc.

Edited by MaVilla

41 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Agreed. In fact I'd say it's a fairly sizeable downgrade and would make absolutely zero sense.

If it were to happen of course, which we don't yet know.

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Agreed. In fact I'd say it's a fairly sizeable downgrade and would make absolutely zero sense.

If it were to happen of course, which we don't yet know.

We've left ourselves short now selling Ings with no replacement.  So, it's either someone like Dembele who's contract is running out or recall Keinan Davis or Wesley.

34 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

He was really impressive at Celtic.

But then so was Odsonne Edouard, so he'll probably be shit for us.

From someone who follows Celtic, he was alot better player than Edouard.  In saying that, I thought Walkins was going to become World class 2 years ago, so I obviously know F all.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We've left ourselves short now selling Ings with no replacement.  So, it's either someone like Dembele who's contract is running out or recall Keinan Davis or Wesley.

Need to hope Watkins gets and stays fit ASAP and finds some goalscoring form as the above options won't cut it in the Premier League. Davis couldn't score in the Championship and Dembele is nowhere near Prem standard. Same for Wesley.

Really hope this is smoke and mirrors and we have a quality striker coming in.

Â