Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Bunch of cry babies.

Also this idea that Jhon should get along with the other spanish speaking players is absolute gobshite. You have no idea what kind of person he is and how he is settling in / feeling about his role in the squad. Just because they speak the same language in no way means they are friends. Following that logic we should all just get along on here too which we all know is impossible.

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

It was LITERALLY in response to him not settling due to the language barrier. 

And as for calling fellow Villa fans cry babies for questioning his attitude....

It seems it's you who needs to grow up.

Yeah which itself is just conjecture and you replied claiming he should get along with the other spanish speakers.

I have questioned his attitude myself earlier in this thread. He is a 20 year old and on some level I also like the confidence he has in himself - I think this rubs people the wrong way and tall poppy syndrome sets in.

But continually whinging about what amounts to conjecture regarding a kid who has been at the club for a year is just a bit sad.

47 minutes ago, omariqy said:

We have a weird fan base. Honestly. This is a nothing story

Every team does especially on open forums, very easy for rival fans to post and agitate, wind up and generally try and spoil our superb season , fantastic manager and exciting squad of players. It just has to happen, envy is a strange thing to deal with 😆

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I’ve spent a lot of time in Colombia, don’t think people understand the national pride they have. When any Colombian makes it big in Europe or the US, they take it very seriously. Everyone knows about it and celebrates it, whether it’s actors, musicians, footballers, cyclists, whatever. He’s done nothing wrong at all IMO.

For example, if you tell any Colombian who has an interest in football that you support Villa, they’ll immediately say Juan Pablo Angel and Jhon Duran. Villa being a relatively obscure club outside England. They care a lot about this stuff.

So how many other Columbians has he tweeted congratulations about their transfers recently? Or is it just the one that’s moved to the club that have apparently shown interest in him?

Im on the fence with this. On the one hand I don’t think it’s that big a deal but given the recent noise, I do think he would have an idea of how it would be perceived and chose to do it anyway.

Just now, DeepDish said:

I question the attitude of some of the posters in this thread. Sensitive bunch.

Also the shit he’s getting on twitter for it, its no wonder youngsters from foreign lands can sometimes feel homesick or not attached to their teams quickly. Jesus wept. 

Its articles like the below that sucker people in and cause the fans to get paranoid and start slating said player. Ignoring the fact that unless I am going mad, Durán would already be cup tied from playing in the third round against Middlesbrough. Rule no.1 take whatever you read online with a bucket of salt, as a good chunk of it is rubbish!

Ex Villa employee says deal in the making

And King believes a deal for the 20-year-old could be in progress, but it would rely on a big-money exit from Stamford Bridge.

Speaking to Villa News, King said: “I think he could be out of the club, I think a deal is in the making. It’s not a long-term injury.

“If he played for Aston Villa against Chelsea, he becomes cup-tied, so he couldn’t play for Chelsea if he went there. I’ve seen it happen before.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

That's fine. And your absolute right to do so.

I just don't see a player there that will ever make the grade. Time will tell, but I think he is a big, clumsy, ill disciplined and terribly overrated player who will end up at either a bottom half La Liga club or back in the MLS.

You might be right, but at this point he’s been signed for £18m, Emery says he thinks he can be one of the best players in the world, other Premier League clubs have tried to sign him and he’s broken into a Colombia side that’s unbeaten in absolutely ages, all as he turns 20. So if he’s overrated he’s being overrated by a lot of good managers. And as I say you might be right, and they might be wrong - it happens!

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

So how many other Columbians has he tweeted congratulations about their transfers recently? Or is it just the one that’s moved to the club that have apparently shown interest in him?

Im on the fence with this. On the one hand I don’t think it’s that big a deal but given the recent noise, I do think he would have an idea of how it would be perceived and chose to do it anyway.

What was the last big signing of a Colombian player in England? Also, who cares?

I like that he uses his Twitter like a human being and not a PR robot.

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

These articles don’t help either. Inflating the ego, expecting him to be a main man when he’s still young and not done a lot to prove otherwise. 

let him develop at the pace the manager expects him to. Stop calling him out for how he’s being used. 

2 hours ago, NeilS said:

Its articles like the below that sucker people in and cause the fans to get paranoid and start slating said player. Ignoring the fact that unless I am going mad, Durán would already be cup tied from playing in the third round against Middlesbrough. Rule no.1 take whatever you read online with a bucket of salt, as a good chunk of it is rubbish!

Ex Villa employee says deal in the making

And King believes a deal for the 20-year-old could be in progress, but it would rely on a big-money exit from Stamford Bridge.

Speaking to Villa News, King said: “I think he could be out of the club, I think a deal is in the making. It’s not a long-term injury.

“If he played for Aston Villa against Chelsea, he becomes cup-tied, so he couldn’t play for Chelsea if he went there. I’ve seen it happen before.

Funniest thing about this dreadful article is that he is already cup tied if he moves😂

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I’ve spent a lot of time in Colombia, don’t think people understand the national pride they have. When any Colombian makes it big in Europe or the US, they take it very seriously. Everyone knows about it and celebrates it, whether it’s actors, musicians, footballers, cyclists, whatever. He’s done nothing wrong at all IMO.

For example, if you tell any Colombian who has an interest in football that you support Villa, they’ll immediately say Juan Pablo Angel and Jhon Duran. Villa being a relatively obscure club outside England. They care a lot about this stuff.

No love for Carlos the Rock Sanchez 😞

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

12 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Costa Rica, as well. Paulo Wanchope was close to a national hero 20 years ago.

58 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Funniest thing about this dreadful article is that he is already cup tied if he moves😂

Exactly, he played against Boro in the third round. 🤦‍♂️😂

This kid has phenomenal potential and I’d love to see him fulfil that potential at Villa. Selling him to Chelsea now, or in the summer would be a massive error. 

He’s young, he makes mistakes, he may well have been miss advised.

However there’s no justification to attack him so publicly on social media.

UTV

Â