Jhon Durán

PieFacE

2 hours ago, Adman said:

Wasn't Ings around then, so would be third choice rather than second?

Think you're right. Even then, could have been told that the Ings is a short term option and he'd be getting regular minutes this season. 

There's a lot of rumour floating around, but all the hard evidence shows he's still being picked,  and he's trying when he gets on the pitch,  so I'm leaning towards it being newspaper talk. May be a bit of an attitude there, but guessing not one causing a major issue.

• Like 3

Frustrated with game time as a 19 year old striker in the Prem (there are only 2 of those in the Prem who even get play time iirc: Ferguson and Duran), so the solution is to join Milan to sit on the bench there instead, because of.. Ibrahimovic?

If reasoning as badly thought out as that is why he wants to throw away the pretty good thing he has going for him at the moment (especially given his age), then so be it: hopefully he doesn't come to sorely regret it!

It's such a shame because he's such a talented player and I love watching him play, but if he's going to throw tantrums and clearly not remotely value the opinion of Emery et al., then he's clearly lacking the professional mentality to make use of that talent, and we might as well cut out losses.

Edited by wishywashy

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

But but, he had a toe injury.

I think that's obvious and more than paper talk. Everything about Duran screams hothead and if you're young and getting hauled off at HT you're probably going to have something to say.

Nothing massively wrong with it  but as above, he needs to relax and be patient as he'll be one of the countless people on podcasts when they retire bemoaning the fact they were young, impulsive and wanted it all now and didn't know how good they had it.

Bro. Just relax.

18 hours ago, Adman said:

Isn't he going to just sit on a warmer bench tho?

I don’t know, it’s probably easier to get game time over a 37 year old Giroud or Luka Jović who’s scored 1 more goal than Durán this season, than it is over undroppable Watkins.

If this is all true then def won’t miss him. Personally I see absolutely nothing to be excited about in him and if this is all true then his personality for this squad and where we want to be is way, way off anyway. 

15 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

He's also unfollowed Aston Villa on IG and Followed AC Milan.

😂got you all on strings 

If true, reinforces the "petulant" accusations..

If he wants to go then so be it, but we should make Milan pay so we make a good profit from the sale. I would say £30m upwards and sell in clause as a minimum.

He has shown some promise in his appearances for us, but it is too early for him to be a regular starter for us. when he has started in Europe he has been a bit hit and miss, and we cannot afford that in Premier League matches. He is not bigger than the club or Unai, so if he is causing issues then get rid.

However, this could all be BS so let’s see how things pan out over the next few days before we cast too many judgements on the lad. Let’s see if he starts today, if he does then I think that will speak volumes about how true this all is.

• Like 1

People need to give this guy a break. There’s been lots of unconfirmed nonsense on social media which people are quick to jump on but all we really know is what we have seen and that is a talented young player who always gives his all when he gets an opportunity.

I think he can be a top player and hopefully that’s with us. I trust Unai to do the right thing. If that’s for Jhon to stay then we need to get behind him. If he leaves then so be it. In the meantime we should support him fully. He’s a young kid miles from home trying to make his way in a ruthless business.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adman said:

If true, reinforces the "petulant" accusations..

How does it? He seems to be a bit of a character. Maybe he’s just doing it on purpose for a bit of sport. I’ve not seen anything petulant from him. He always tries really hard.

1 minute ago, Pongo Waring said:

Wouldn't suprise me if he scores a hatrick today 

Wouldn't surprise me if he's nowhere to be seen today either..

If this is all true it makes Jhon Durán seem like a basket-case; I kind of liked him but I often wondered if he was suited to Emery's brand of football.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Might mean nothing but...

Frankly he can **** off if we make any money. He's not shown anything to justify more time and I'm sick of the histrionics. 

Put a sell on clause in case he does come good. 

Â