Jhon Durán

PieFacE

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

just looking at his stats, i know he is raw and a bit.....erratic, but he has 4 goals and 1 assist in 563 minutes.

so a goal every 140 minutes, or 1 goal in every equivalent 1.6 games.

Or, a goal contribution every 113 mins, or 1 goal contribution in every equivalent 1.3 games.

Will be interesting to see how he develops, i do wonder if he needs a loan though, to get games week in, week out, to help develop/improve.

on a lighter note, he has 5 yellows in 563 mins, or a yellow contribution every 1.3 games........ :)

This is why I love him as a player, something will happen when he is on the pitch.  It might be a goal...he might just deck a defender...but something always happens

If you think his peak will probably be around 25/26 he's got the potential to be a superb player. 

Take any of the players that started the last game and look at what they were doing at 19. I bet Duran is way ahead of almost all of them. 

9 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Or to pick a player I always like to think about when people are writing off 19 year olds - Didier Drogba was studying accountancy at university and maybe going that route full time because he couldn’t cope with the physical burden of training four times per week for the reserves of Ligue 2 Le Mans…

Tbf Drogba peaked exceptionally late but yeah, Duran's got amazing potential and is ahead of a lot of strikers were at his age.

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's an incredibly blatant dive, but thank god he did it because we wouldn't have won that without the pen

He got clipped, but it wasn't as significant as his rolling around made you believe. If you look at the highlights he must have rolled about 500m! I think that is what made the ref's mind up. Bit of a soft pen but definitely not a dive. 

Edited by Made In Aston

Tbh, without looking at the stats, I think you would struggle to find a better impact sub at any other premier league team.

Any game he has come on, he has caused problems for the opposition, either by directly producing something positive, or by indirectly unsettling opposition players.

Rough around the edges for sure, and frustrating at times, but I think he is ideal as a sub.

The question is could we rely on him for 4-5 games if he had to start if Ollie is injured. I’m not sure about that. It may be that if Ollie got injured, we would see Diaby playing the Ollie role, and Duran would still be on the bench.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Percy fuelling rumours he could be sold because of issues with Emery.  Would be a shame if true 

Sort of has me believe that Percy has lost his contacts at Villa as Unai just said we werent buying a new striker and them rumours were squashed before

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Percy fuelling rumours he could be sold because of issues with Emery.  Would be a shame if true 

What's he said then?

This is what Percy actually said

There is growing interest in Jhon Duran, the forward, amid alleged friction behind the scenes with Emery.

So he's not claiming that he knows of any issues between Emery and Duran, he's just referring to the earlier rumours, hence his use of the word 'alleged', also he didn't say that we want another striker, he said we want more firepower, he did say that we could go for two attackers, I presume us going for a second attacker would be depenedant on what happens with Duran.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Emery knows Duran is a (likely quite volatile) kid. Emery is mature, I'm sure he won't be petty enough to 'fall out' with him. He'll be hard on him sure, but he's just managing him. He'll see it as a good challenge I'm sure.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Emery knows Duran is a (likely quite volatile) kid. Emery is mature, I'm sure he won't be petty enough to 'fall out' with him. He'll be hard on him sure, but he's just managing him. He'll see it as a good challenge I'm sure.

This, also not like they wouldn't have known this when we brought him.  So much background research is done on players these days 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, beasley14 said:

This, also not like they wouldn't have known this when we brought him.  So much background research is done on players these days 

True, but he needs match minutes and preferably as a starter, to develop him. That’s not going to be in a Villa team chasing top 4, so a loan makes perfect sense. Gives him time to grow up a little, too. The opportunity to do it for us will come if Emery thinks he’s earned it.

Â