Harry Maguire

maqroll

16 minutes ago, LockStockVilla said:

Well this guy is pretty spot on in the past if he is insinuating that there is something in it with Villa and Maguire. If this is a thing, my hope is it’s just a loan until the summer when we can better address the position with DC back and likely more options at play. I’d have no problem with that. 

If any truth, does make me worry that Carlos could be struggling despite the pics we are seeing.

31 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

And why would Maguire come here? It's funny, our fans are turning our nose up at him, but he'll have to think he's good enough to be playing for clubs in european competition. He's nearly 30, he's not joining here for "the project", he's probably got one more contract in him

Close to 0% chance of this being a story based in fact

He'll actually get gametime here.

Jesus effin' Christ, come on now guys; that's clearly Captain Black, not Maguire.

I mean, if not for the cap, the goddamn Mysteron around his head is a dead giveaway, for crying out loud.

image.png.4b71242dbd31e0823eb81741dfd4dd2c.png

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

And why would Maguire come here? It's funny, our fans are turning our nose up at him, but he'll have to think he's good enough to be playing for clubs in european competition. He's nearly 30, he's not joining here for "the project", he's probably got one more contract in him

Close to 0% chance of this being a story based in fact

Not getting game time at United. Good project here, Emery. Probably been affected by the pressure at United and we offer a different environment 

9 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Not getting game time at United. Good project here

As I said, he's 30 in a couple of months. He'll be hanging his boots up by the time our "project" gets going. Best realistic case if he joins us is he gets to play in the Conference league when he's 32

Thing haven't worked out for him at Man United, but if he moves on, I imagine he'll think he can still be setting hit sights a bit higher, honestly. 

I don't think we'd be in for him anyway; from our perspective he'd want a lot of wages for someone who's best years are likely behind them. It's just likely to be mutual disinterest IMO

Edited by Davkaus

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If any truth, does make me worry that Carlos could be struggling despite the pics we are seeing.

Honestly that’s why a loan makes a lot of sense here. No need for them to rush Carlos back. Achilles injuries really aren’t as bad these days as they once were, so I don’t fear for his ability to recover, yet no need at all to push it with him. 

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

As I said, he's 30 in a couple of months. He'll be hanging his boots up by the time our "project" gets going. Best realistic case if he joins us is he gets to play in the Conference league when he's 32

Thing haven't worked out for him at Man United, but if he moves on, I imagine he'll think he can still be setting hit sights a bit higher, honestly. 

I don't think we'd be in for him anyway, it's just likely to be mutual disinterest IMO

All valid reasoning. Could also be a 6 month loan to the summer and he can get a transfer then to be fair. 

Just now, LockStockVilla said:

Honestly that’s why a loan makes a lot of sense here. No need for them to rush Carlos back. Achilles injuries really aren’t as bad these days as they once were, so I don’t fear for his ability to recover, yet no need at all to push it with him. 

Depends if Man U would be happy to loan him out, they might want to get cash in for other targets.  Emery may really like Harry and want him as the mainstay for the next few years or Emery may not be fully happy with Mings or Konsa.  We honestly have no idea do we.  We as fans think a loan works but may not work for Ten Hag or Emery or even Maguire.  That’s if any of this is even true.

• Like 1

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

A 6 month loan makes a lot of sense. Instantly improves our defence 

Paying 200k a week and a loan fee to maybe finish in the Europa conference.

I actually think Maguire is decent and would be a good player but he's another 30 year old bracket who would cost a substantial loan or transfer fee and would be commiting a huge wage too.

Please dont do this again. Stop trying to take shortcuts to push forward.

I beg this club, please don't do it again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

A 6 month loan makes a lot of sense. Instantly improves our defence 

£190k/w worth of improvement? Along with any loan fee they might want.

Â