Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Something we can mostly all enjoy...

Yet another categorical indictment of Steven Gerrard as a manager.

The first signing made a year on from him is to replace his first signing.

For half the price aswell. 

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Will he get signed in tike for leeds thats the question?

I think even if he is he won’t start imo. 

Emery puts a lot into preparation so I don’t think he will start someone that has only been here a couple of days, hence Olsen starting at Liverpool. 

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

He may only be half as good ;)

We don't know yet!

Very true. Although I do believe that Emery would consider more about a player than his ability to look him in the eye :trollface:

"Moreno, who was linked with a move to Nottingham Forest in the summer, has played in all but one of Betis' La Liga matches so far this season."

So... I guess he'll get injured in his second game for us and be out for 8 months.

Welcome, Moreno! 😉

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Haha 3

Left back would have probably been the bottom of my list of priorities for first signing of the window - think digne is decent and Ludwig fine as a backup

then again I remember thinking oh the same about the GK position when emi was signed and that turned out alright!

I think I'm one of the few on here that thinks Digne is quite decent. With quite being the operative word. He's a very solid full back. 

Moreno looks like he offers something different and that is eaxctly what you want. 

Reminds me a bit of Andy Robertson from the videos with his back post finishes and driving runs. 

29 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Left back would have probably been the bottom of my list of priorities for first signing of the window - think digne is decent and Ludwig fine as a backup

then again I remember thinking oh the same about the GK position when emi was signed and that turned out alright!

Thought Ludwig was now injured for the foreseeable? 

I think just like the Fulham result, the fa cup lack of performance has fast tracked the owners decisions for the summer to be brought forwards.

The owners know that to keep the fans onside, they need good news, new signings bring optimism just like a new manager.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the other 2 signings needed in a right sided player and a forward coming in.

If we think positive, we signed Carew and young in 1 January window so good signings for not overly inflated prices can be had.

Â