Pre-Match Thread

OutByEaster?

2 hours ago, useless said:

Was a strong U18 line-up yesterday, which indicates that not many youngsters will be involved today.

I was spot on, a lot of them will be playing tomorrow for the U21s as scouts will watching looking for players to pick up on loan.

Edited by useless

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Was a strong U18 line-up yesterday, which indicates that not many youngsters will be involved today, as if a lot of youngsters were involved today that would mean them not being able to play tomorrow for the U21s, which in turn would have meant the U18s being rested to play in the U21 game, but that didn't really happen. Unless of course they ask some of the U18s that played yesterday to also play tomorrow, which wouldn't surprise me, but we'll see.

At the very least I think we will see Kadan Young and Bogarde involved, maybe Tommi O'Reilly as well, there will probably be scouts at tomorrows game so might want some of the ones that we're looking to loan out to play in that game.

Expand  

With a league game not until next Friday and Emery still tinkering/learning, I expect mostly a full strength, main 16 players playing today.  I don’t expect any of the younger ones unless we go 4-0 up or give them 10 minutes at the end.  I don’t think Emery wants to take any chances and will take it more serious than usual.

Yeah as expected, mainly senior players playing, only K.Young on the bench from the kids.

Just now, nick76 said:

Yeah as expected, mainly senior players playing, only K.Young on the bench from the kids.

Yup also an opportunity to get fringe players up to fitness and used to the system.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I was spot on, a lot of them will be playing tomorrow as scouts will watching looking for players to pick up on loan.

Ermmmm….

At the very least I think we will see Kadan Young and Bogarde involved, maybe Tommi O'Reilly as well

• Haha 1